Combo box very basic prob (1 Viewer)

Digby

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:43
Hi all, long timer viewer, first time poster

Any way, im not nearly as experience as all you, I have a small form, on the form I have a combo box, the form shows the relevant info with regards to what is selected in the combo box, the source of the combo box is a table, the data in the table is alaphabetical, but when you select the combo box the data shown to select from is not alphabetical its all over the place!

Hope that explains it, its driving me nuts!

x0reset

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:43
Look for the "Row Source" property of the combo box. You should see a little query builder button appear next to the property when you focus on the property box. Click that button to build a query, then select the rows to include in the combo box and choose which sorting options you would like. You may also need to adjust the "Bound Column", "Column Count". and "Column Width" properties to get the combo box working exactly how you want.

Digby

Registered User.
Local time
give me 5 cheers dude

alastair69

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:43
When you click on the comb box and go to properties, under table/query you should see your table that the comb box is using, then click on the three dots next to your table this will take you to a query builder (SQL). Select your table from the list and add the fields you need, the you will see "Sort" select the type of sort you need and Bobs your Uncle.

Let me know if you have any Problems or even if it works then i can help more or know you have sorted it.

Alastair

Digby

Registered User.
Local time
thanks buddy, im chuckling, how simple, thank you much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom