combo query (1 Viewer)

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
Today, 11:34
I know there have been posts but I cant gett hem to work in my database. I want the user to select an location from the combobox and when they click the a button I want it to pass that choice to the query. I really cant understand where to put everything in order for it to work. Please can anyone help me?

I can give more info if you need it

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Are you just using the one combo box to pull the search results or are you trying to search on multiple criteria? If you can give more details I will try to help you.

Hay

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
I only need it to get one piece of data from one combo box. The combo box is taking its data from a table. I want to select which one they want and feed that data in a query

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Ok here's a little sample for you.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Hayley

Attachments

• test.zip
    35.7 KB · Views: 123

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
could you please send it in 97 format?

Thanks!

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Here you go then.

Attachments

• test97.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 115

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
thanks! I was able to get it to filter out whatever was in the combo box. But it lists everything that is in the table and not just the records that I picked. What do i need to do to be able to show only certain fields. I know how usually to do it,but it is not showing them correctly

WayneRyan

AWF VIP
Local time
chewy,

I think you might have lost Hayley for the day.

I downloaded her example and it looked good.

You can easily delete columns from the query by highlighting
the column and hitting DEL.

The contents of the combobox will filter the table, the only
problem I could see is that you might make a type in the
criteria for the query. If that was the case, it would prompt
you for its value.

Need more info.

Wayne

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
I "kinda" solved the problem. I actually idnt care what fields the query displayed. I just limited the fields in the report which is what I was after anyway. Thanks for all your help!

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
now before I said one piece of data from one combo box. Would it be possible to take another piece of data from the same scenario of from a different table and enter it into the same query as before?

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Yes no problem. In the sample I gave you. Add a combo box for the project Type and this should look up the projectType table. In the query add the criteria for the project type combo in the or section of the query. This will give you values from combo 1 or 2 but not both together If you want to start searching AND rather than OR let me know and I'll send you something else to look at as this one is too large to add tot he forum but if that is all you need the above should work.

Hay

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom