Solved combobox display only remaining items or unused previously? help (1 Viewer)

Mxfan2

Local time
Yesterday, 21:39
Hi guys my name is Luis I'm from Mexico, I've been at this forum many times, but this is my first post, I hope to be clear on my question.
HELPER ACCESS.png

I'm just using this relationships diagram as an example not an actual database...

There are 24 Houses to build each house takes around 130 tasks, and each task has 4 status, a completed task should be reported only once at the weekly payroll report. However the same task should remaing available in the next house. There is a table for workers to assign the money earned weekly.

I need a combobox in the form used to update the status of tasks that removes, or hides completed tasks, if status is in progress, started, or pending the task should be visible.

Right now I have some progress in this database but this issue I can't find a workaround for it.
Thanks

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 12:39
what if the Task is recorded as Completed and during Walk-through inspection, found out
some minor issues to be rectified?
will the task remain hidden and create New task for the Re-work/Additional work?

on my opinion, all task should be visible, so person seing the db will know that such
task is really been completed and recorded as such.

what you need is Visual Clue to show that a task has been completed, say Coloring them
with Green, etc.

Mxfan2

Local time
if there was a re-work it would be recorded in an off-budget table.

I agree with you on the visual clue it just makes more sense, but in this case the "elimination" of used task is a must, to avoid that the person (employee) in charge of updating the records, repeats a task that was already paid, and malfeasance in office which is the main concern of Project Owner.

Thank you though

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 12:39
i made a sample demo, maybe you can have use to it.
you pick "completed" as status and it will not show again
after confirming your action.

Attachments

• 24Houses.accdb
    832 KB · Views: 83

Mxfan2

Local time
thats awesome it works great! thankyou

after inspecting the database, I can see you actually created a table with a row for every task for every house, I just have one question, I'm not going to say that I knew the answer but for a moment the idea came to my mind I just didn't try it because I thought it would not work even that it was data duplication or redundant, isn't it?

anyway its working so I guess it doesnt really matters
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom