Combos in reports (1 Viewer)

DavidRS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:15
Before I head down a blind alley, can I use cascading combos directly in a report to limit the report's contents or do I need to use a form first?

I've been looking through all the threads on cascading combos and have got a little lost!

Cheers

David

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
You cannot have a combo box on a report

Use a form with combo boxes (cascading if you wish) to create teh criteria on which the report will be based. use On Click property of last combo to call report.

L

R

Rich

Len Boorman said:
You cannot have a combo box on a report

L
Sorry for appearing pedantic here but you can have combo boxes on Reports, however since Reports are not user interactive they serve no useful purpose in this instance ;)

Len Boorman

Back in gainfull employme
Local time
Learn something new every day.

Nice to know it can be done.

Hmmmm

There must be a purpose somewhere

Len

DavidRS

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks guys,

I'm getting really frustrated - I want to produce a report of files associated with an individual. The name should be picked from a list and a sub-form would list all the files. A report would then be produced based on the results.

The tables I have got so far are:

tblGroup

GroupID
Group

tblStaff
UserID
FullName
Group
Unit

tblUnit
UnitID
Unit

tblUsersFiles
FileID
UserID
FileName
NA_Files
FullName (this is name of staff member)
SizeUsedMB
Modified

The report needs to contain the following the detail:

Staff Name
Group
Unit
The list of files
Total Mb used

I have no experience using coding and although i can see what the examples are doing, I can't replicate them on my db. Given that I don't understand the code I cant see where I'm going wrong and I have a load of information which i can't report on. I am going mad and spending all my time trying to do this. I'm trying to learn but can't get my head round it.

Can anyone help me - pleeeease :(

Cheers

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom