Solved Compare Queries (1 Viewer)

KINGOFCHAOS17

Local time
Today, 23:22
Hi all. I'm trying to categorize order data and compare rush orders against previous order history. I've created two queries 'Rush' and 'Orders' to gather only the orders I'm interested in. What I'd like to do now is categorize each line in the 'Rush' query to determine if the ordered part has ever appeared in the query 'Orders'. When the part doesn't appear in the query 'Orders' I'd like to tag it "First Time Demand" and those that do appear "Repeat Demand". The common field between the two queries is 'PartNbr'. Not sure if this is possible and would appreciate any assistance.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In a new query Use a left join between the two queries on part number - show all the records from rush and only those in orders where they exist

The have a calculated field in the query - if orders part number is null then first time demand else repeat demand

KINGOFCHAOS17

Local time
In a new query Use a left join between the two queries on part number - show all the records from rush and only those in orders where they exist

The have a calculated field in the query - if orders part number is null then first time demand else repeat demand
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom