Solved ConcatRelated Issue (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 12:01
+1 for MajP's comment about writing your own.

These record transpose type of needs with many pre-made snippets around the 'Net are a perfect opportunity to spend a few minutes and write your own.

You can always start with someone else's - but once you see what they are doing (you'll thank yourself for investing this time), you'll almost surely want to write your own - customized to the needs of YOUR data.

One of the most common difference might actually be simplicity - yours might not need all the bells and whistles, because others wrote theirs for a more varied set of contingencies; your data only covers one or some of those contingencies, likely.

Either way - similar to my opinion on tools that find or document aspects of an Access database - I think it's a good and fun candidate to write your own.

EzGoingKev

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:01
Regarding writing your own - I agree 100% but you need the knowledge to do it.

I am at a point where I google what I am looking for. Sometimes the results are plug and play and sometimes it needs to be customized. I have been able to assemble my own code to do things using parts of one function with parts of another function to get what I need.

Right now there is more that I do not understand than I do understand. This ConcatRelated function is above my current level of understanding.

I really appreciate all the help I get here.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
This ConcatRelated function is above my current level of understanding.
Just curious, have you had a chance to check out my simpler function? Just wondering if it makes sense to you or not. If you have any questions about it that I could answer, please don't hesitate to ask.

EzGoingKev

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:01
Just curious, have you had a chance to check out my simpler function? Just wondering if it makes sense to you or not. If you have any questions about it that I could answer, please don't hesitate to ask.
I tried it and could not figure out how to get it to work.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I tried it and could not figure out how to get it to work.
I see. If you're so inclined, feel free to ask any clarifications to help you understand the code or make it work. I called it a "simple" function for a reason. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom