Conditional Formatting of the Detail section (1 Viewer)

Hunter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:37
I have two linked tables - the parent table contains Projects, the child table contains Purchase Orders. One project may have many POs. The report is a simple listing of all Projects, however I need to identify on the report if a given Project has at least one PO that meets a certain condition. I have accomplished this via looping through the PO table for each project in the "Detail Format" event of the report. This has proved to be very very slow. Does anyone know of a way to perhaps do this in a query or any way to speed this up?

Thanks for any help

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Is this certain condition based upon a unique entry within the po table? If it is, then I would use this field within my reports and allow this field to be visible if the criteria is met and non-visible if it isn't. You can also make a text box display a statement of this p/o's unique status if certain conditions have been met.

Fornatian

Dim Person
Local time
I think what I would do is base your report on new query

Build yourself a query that gives the listing of all PO's that meet the given criteria THEN

Build a query using the Projects table and the PO table(which I assume is linked one-to-many) adding the appropriate field that you want to display in the report THEN change the join type -do this by double clicking on the join line and changing the join type to show all on the Projects side of the table and only those on the PO side that have a record.

I am not sure but I think that is the way to go, can anyone confirm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom