Solved Connecting Microsoft Access to Firebird via ODBC Driver (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 16:08
In link hopping, I ran across this article that may be of potential interest should anyone be using or planning to use Firebird.
This article explains how to connect Microsoft Access to Firebird through the standard ODBC interface. Microsoft Access is a dababase management system that combines the relational database engine with a graphical user interface. Access can be used as a substitution for spreadsheet applications like Excel to organize, store, and retrieve large amounts of related data that can be difficult to manage in spreadsheets.

In Microsoft Access, you can connect to your Firebird data either by importing it or creating a table that links to the data. Devart ODBC drivers support all modern versions of Access. It is assumed that you have already installed and configured a DSN for ODBC driver for Firebird. For the purpose of this article, we tested an ODBC connection to Firebird through our ODBC drivers in Microsoft Access 2003, Microsoft Access 2007, Microsoft Access 2010, Microsoft Access 2013, Microsoft Access 2016, Microsoft Access 2019. The following steps describe how to use Microsoft Access 2019 to import or link to your data in Firebird.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:08
Personally, I know nothing about it, but I found this in one of our older threads.

See if the post (and the associated thread) helps you.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 16:08
My apologies for not wording my post better, but my post was not a question. Now marked "solved". The post was meant as a "resource" for anyone who may wish to connect MS Access to Firebird and is searching for a solution. Thanks for your response.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom