Connecting to MySQL table (1 Viewer)

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:53
How do I connect to MySQL table ?
Never worked with MySQL

Is it possible to temporary connect to the table or do I need to create a permanent connection?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:53
Hi. Do you have the proper ODBC driver installed on your machine? Did you try using the External Data tab and try to link to the MySQL database using ODBC?

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:53
Hi. Do you have the proper ODBC driver installed on your machine? Did you try using the External Data tab and try to link to the MySQL database using ODBC?
Please talk to me in a language I can I understand :LOL:

What ODBC driver?
How do I link to the MySQL db ?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time

access2010

Registered User.
Local time

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:53
That is a very broad topic. We can help you better if you have specific questions.

If you have never converted any Access application to any RDBMS, you are probably going to be disappointed with the results of a strait conversion if you haven't used good client/server techniques. But try it and we'll see how we can help.

I've never used MySQL but they might have a way of directly importing the Jet/ACE tables and creating the MySQL database for you. Looks like this might be it -- How to convert Access to MySQL? | DBConvert
Another option:
Access To MySQL (bullzip.com)

There are other tools also. My personal preference is to actually PAY for tools I use. When tools are "free", YOU are the product and I don't trust them with production data. Who knows where it gets sent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom