Contact form help (1 Viewer)

Slayer25

Local time
Today, 13:56
I need a contact form on my website, that will send to my email address what the visitor enter in the form fields. The problem is that I can't run any php scripts.. is there a way to use some html form?

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 21:56
HTML is only able to display stuff on the screen. You will need a server side scripting language (PHP, ASP, etc.) to be able to handle the form and forward the data input on to you. If you don't have such a language installed on your server then another alternative would be to seek a third party contact form.

Slayer25

Local time
I found a site that offers remotely hosted contact forms, www.emailmeform.com . Basically, I paste the html code in my website, and it calls the php script on their server who sends the email.

It`s this safe to use on my website ?

hooks

Registered User.
Local time
What you could do is write the contact information into a table on your webserver and read the database from your home computer and send the email that way.

Just a thought.
Hooks

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
I paste the html code in my website, and it calls the php script on their server who sends the email.

It`s this safe to use on my website ?
Yes, it's safe. It's just a bit of code and it can't access your server. You'll probably find it expects a link back to itself so as to help further promote the service. Other than that, that should be fine.

cocoonfx

cocoonfx
Local time
Contact Forms

I have a PHP script and HTML code i use on all my websites you use for a small fee.

PM me and i can tell you how much and how to use it.

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
I have a PHP script and HTML code i use on all my websites you use for a small fee.

I fail to see how that can help the poster since they explicitly stated in their first post that they can't run PHP scripts.

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Today, 16:56
I take it this must be your own server. If so I would just install PHP on it and or get some help, since a programming language is going to be essential at some point.

When I had my server running I had:

Apache
PHP
phpmyadmin
MySql

Think was about it, but yea your not going to be able to do much without something.

Salient

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:56
I take it this must be your own server. If so I would just install PHP on it and or get some help, since a programming language is going to be essential at some point.

When I had my server running I had:

Apache
PHP
phpmyadmin
MySql

Think was about it, but yea your not going to be able to do much without something.

To backup Jakboi here, do a google for a product called wamp5 and install that. The easy way to get the products listed installed, a few questions and you're done ;)

Of course it's more fun to do it manually, but simple can't work out how to get php working with apache on XP platforms :( Never had this issue with Win2k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom