Continous form with bound / unbound controls? (1 Viewer)

stinej

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:55
Hello. I'm having a bit of a problem - I built quite a complex db that works great and I'm comfortable with code and access. But, I've been working with ASP for a while now and I think it has made me a bit fogetful re: Access.

If someone can point me in the right direction conceptually it would be appreciated. My system is primarily built around scheduling and I have created tables and web forms to interact with my current access database to allow our recources to check and confirm their daily schedules online.

My problem is on the Access side. I need to build a dashboard using a form that queries the table that holds our resources status information and will display whether or not they've logged in and confirmed their schedule. As well, I need controls on this form to allow me to update their individual schedules if it has been changed. Most of this is no problem, the big problem I'm having is the display of information and form interaction... Can I use a continuous form for this?

When I try to use unbound controls such as images - hiding/unhiding images depending on a specific records value (for let's say a traffic light that shows whether a resource has confirmed their schedule) - it seems that I can't control images, checkboxes, etc. for individual records on the continous form with code as all these unbound controls defualt to the value of the first record.

I hope this is clear, any direction is appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:55
- it seems that I can't control images, checkboxes, etc. for individual records on the continous form with code as all these unbound controls defualt to the value of the first record.
That is unfortunately the way unbound controls work on continuous forms.

D

dinesh2001s

What about bound controls in a continous form? for example I have a bound checkbox in a continous form and I use the checkbox to give the user facility to select a particular record and generate a report on that. That is fine. But what if I want to check all the checkboxes at the click of a single button? Now what I see is it checks the checkbox corresponding to the record that is being pointed to and not all. Please suggest.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:55
You would have to use VBA and the RecordSet of the SubForm to accomplish what you describe. You could also use a .Execute and a Requery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom