Continuous Form defaulting to single record form (1 Viewer)

Access_Help

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:40
All the other continuous forms in my DB work as expected with the exception of one which is defaulting to single form on opening.

The form opens from a click event that uses the following VBA, is there anything I can add to the VBA to force it to open as continuous form?

DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_xxx", , , "Groupxxx = '" & Me.Group_ & "'"

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 09:40
What is the Default View property for the form?
Compare it's properties against one that works.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. There is no argument to the OpenForm method to open in Continuous Form View, so as Gasman suggested, the only place to check is the Default View property of the form itself. Cheers!

Access_Help

Registered User.
Local time
What is the Default View property for the form?
Compare it's properties against one that works.

I have set it to continuous form and tried data sheet view in the default view property but the form ignores these properties.

When I switch the default view it works but then defaults back to single.

I have created the form from a wizard so the properties should match all other continuous forms .

Not sure why its behaving so oddly :banghead:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I have set it to continuous form and tried data sheet view in the default view property but the form ignores these properties.

I have created the form from a wizard so the properties should match all other continuous forms .

In that case, to help you trace the problem, we might have to look at your file. Are you able to share a copy of it here?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 09:40
Could be corrupted.?

Perhaps not what you want to hear, but try and recreate it.?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:40
This can happen when playing around with form properties. If it is a subform and you open it directly in design view, set it to continuous in design view, then save it, then close it, then open it, what happens? If that fixes it but is wrong again when you open the main form, then there might be code you need to deal with. It seems altering the view is possible with
DoCmd.RunCommand (acCmdDatasheetView)
but I have never used it. Will go away and test just for fun...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I solved this problem by actually modifying the switchboard to add an item to allow me to open a form in DS view. If you don't want to go that far, create a macro (Yeah I know) that opens the form and switches it to DS view. Run the macro. If you are opening the form from your own code, simply use the correct option in the OpenForm method === acFormDS

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
FWIW, what I was looking at is only for subforms.
It is possible to choose a default view and set the same Allow x View property to No. You'd think that would cause it to use some other choice as a default, but I tested and it doesn't matter - at least in my version. There may be something to the corruption suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom