Control scrollbar position on a form with ONE record? (1 Viewer)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:25
Jittering. I don't know if it still happens, but there used to be an issue with unattached labels in a tab control.. I think they flickered on a mouse roll over. Something like that. The workbound was to make them locked unbound textboxes, so they looked the same.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 15:25
Not the best solution but for now, I just open that form first in acDesign view and then in acNormal (on click event). That seems to get rid of the problem. Well, it's still there, but it's shifted to just the opening of the form now and while it's open, there is no issue clicking on the first tab anymore. As soon as I have more time, I'm going to do as MajP suggested and start normalizing the tables and then redo the form one final time.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
I look at your DB, and this looks like the type of DBs I make. I tend to do engineering, math, science related not business and admin. I have to imagine you are doing some type of analysis on the data, which means this is query intensive. I am assuming comparing runs, getting statistics, etc. I have to imagine this is super hard in this design.
Normalizing this is not as hard as people think and redesigning forms will be so much easier than making this form originally. You will reduce the number of fields and controls by hundreds. I see about 30 controls multiplied by about 12 sims. That becomes 30 not 30 x 12. I am surprised this form did not max out the control limit.

If you are not familiar with doing normalizing UNION query, you need it. You will be able to relatively easily move data into a normal table structure.

If this is something your willing to share, I can assist as needed in normalizing.

Mike Krailo

Local time
I wish I could share it with you but it is not something I am authorized to share. I do understand what you were discussing in post #7 and will attempt to at least do some normalization for the sake of this particular form. It's main data entry form. The other form is for scheduling the events and this one just enters the actual times of those events. I totally agree with having main form and subform setup. There will never be greater than 8 events per day. Typically it's just 5 or 6.

As far as the calculations, just totaling hours used in each block. There are also possible deviations that affect those calculations. There are a lot of problems with the way the calculations are done in general since there is storing of calculated fields in various places. It gives me a headache looking through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom