ControlTip does not show. (1 Viewer)

Tim L

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:54
Did a quick search and it appears that this is not unheard of but could not find any solutions to the previous queries.

I've "Detect & Repair"-ed Access, I've created new forms, and new forms in new databases but to no avail, none of my ControlTips are visible.

The only Knowledgebase article that I found was Q232191, but this deals with the situation when a control is put on top of another one, and this has not happened in any of my circumstances.

Anyone got any ideas?

Tim

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:54
Are you sure that the control can "see" the mouse? Add some code to the controls OnMouseMove event and see if that event fires when you hover the mouse over the control.

Tim L

Registered User.
Local time
Good idea.

Put a messagebox in the MouseMove event of a button, a label and a text box and they all came up as would be expected.

Next.... :)

Tim L

Registered User.
Local time
Just to add insult to injury, but at least prove that it must be Access and not the form, when I open the database on a different machine (still XP Pro and Access 2003) the ControlTips are shown. The only difference is that one machine Theme is 'XP style' and the other 'Windows Classic' however the traditional windows PC used to show ControlTips, so what could have changed? (BTW, changing the Theme didn't help.)

So, with this further information, has anyone got any ideas?

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom