Convert Multiple Rows of Data into 1 Row (1 Viewer)

Robecca

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:48
I am designing a bead ornament database for my mom to track inventory of beads, inventory of finished ornaments and cost/pricing.
I have a table that joins the Item and bead part with the quantity of each bead part needed, it has the following fields: ItemMatlID, ItemID, BeadPartID, Qty
So I have multiple rows of ItemID’s for all the BeadPartID & Qty’s.
Now I need a query with 1 line per Item and all BeadParts and their quantities. However, I need the BeadPart to be a row data and not a column heading. So a crosstab is out, I believe since it wants to make the BeadPart the column heading and not data in the query.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 06:48
Can you povide a sample of your data in the format it is currently in and then what you want it to ultimately look like?

Robecca

Registered User.
Local time
Since my data is all numbers from foreign fields due to being a join table to bring the item and bead parts together. I’ve substituted my numbers with the data.

I realize that I can’t have repeating column headings with same, but that is part of my not knowing what to do …

Thank you for taking time to look at this.

Attachments

• Table-Query Example.JPG
    Table-Query Example.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 68

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 06:48
Sorry, I can't think of a way to accomplish exactly what you want. Or even come close. You might have to spit this out to Excel and maybe pivot table it.

redalert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:48
Hi Robecca

I have developed a small database, see attached, to do what I think you need.

You will need to get your data into the Item,Beadpart and Quantity fields in the tbl_BeadOrnament table. Ignore the other fields.

Open the form "frm_ProcessData" and select the "Process Data" button.

The code will create a table with the required number of columns in it and convert the data for you.

Let me know if it needs changing in any way.

Attachments

• Convert Multiple Rows of Data.accdb
    464 KB · Views: 68

Robecca

Registered User.
Local time
That does it perfectly. Thank you! I'll have to dive into the code to see how you got it to work. I really appreciate this!

redalert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:48
I'm glad that it did the trick.

It uses a number of techniques which might be useful to you in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom