Solved Convert Multiple Rows To One Row (1 Viewer)

jo15765

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:42
I receive a spreadsheet that is imported into access, and it needs to be manipulated to make columns out of some of the rows, and get counts for locations.

Attached is a database that shows with two tables, the Received which is the direct spreadsheet import, and the needed which is the table that has altered the data into the format that I am needing it in.

How would I go about, either thro VBA or queries to get the data from the Received format to the Needed Format?

Attachments

• Sample.accdb
    552 KB · Views: 116

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:42
My normalisation tool is designed to take Excel formatted data and convert it into data suitable for MS Access, which I think is the essence of your question. You can find it on my nifty access website here:-

Normalization Tool​

If you would like the free version, contact me and I will explain how to get it for free...

sgrgeta

Local time
Today, 17:42
SELECT Received.Locale, Sum(Received.ID) AS SumOfdID, Received.MA, Received.Hue, Received.Gender, Count(IIf([Received]![Talla]="S",1)) AS S, Count(IIf([Received]![Talla]="L",1)) AS L, Count(IIf([Received]![Talla]="XS",1)) AS XS, Count(IIf([Received]![Talla]="M",1)) AS M, Count(IIf([Received]![Talla]="XL",1)) AS XL, Count(IIf([Received]![Talla]="2XL",1)) AS 2XL, Count(IIf([Received]![Talla]="3XL",1)) AS 3XL, Count(IIf([Received]![Talla]="4XL",1)) AS 4XL
FROM Received
GROUP BY Received.Locale, Received.MA, Received.Hue, Received.Gender;

jo15765

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:42
@sgrgeta - holy cow that is awesome and exactly what I need!!!!

@Uncle Gizmo - that is a super handy tool, I am going to bookmark it as I'm sure I can use this for multiple projects

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom