Convert report to tif (1 Viewer)

AndyShuter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:48
Just wondered if anyone knew a way of converting a report to a tif file in Visual Basic pls?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:48
You would need to find some program that writes tif files. If what you want is a picture of a report, use the .snp format. The snapshot viewer is included with newer versions of Office so most users will already have it. If it is not loaded, it can easily be downloaded from Microsoft.

tanski811

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:48
.tif files

I usually create pdf files out of my report. If you have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer you can print the report to Adobe Acrobat which coverts the report to a pdf file and then in Acrobat save the file as a .tif file.

Last edited:

AndyShuter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:48
Thanks

Sorry, should have been a little more specific. What I am trying to achieve is converting the report to tif so I can send a fax via Outlook - apparantly it's the only format it will allow as an attachment

tanski811

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:48
I understand

I also use .tiff files to copy my reports to powerpoint as pictures. The only way I found to create a .tiff file is to convert the access report to a .pdf file. Adobe Acrobat has trials you can download from their site for free. Once you create a .pdf in Adobe Acrobat you can save the report as a .tiff file. Adobe Acrobat converts pdfs. files into .tiffs files.

Trust me I do this all the time.

Attachments

• Adobe Instructions.zip
    97.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:48
You might find a utility to convert something else like .WMF or .BMP to .TIF if you buy a cheapie clip-art disk, no guarantees though.

Otherwise, this might be an INSTALL issue. I don't recall whether .TIF is supported for everything, but when you install Office, there is a point in a custom install where you can specify a pot-load of graphics interpreters, one of which might be .tif - and if so, you might be able to even get WORD to store a picture in a different format than the one in which it was imported. If you do a DEFAULT install, not all graphics interpreters are loaded and therefore you might not have .tif as an option.

Granted, using a Word-based import and subsequent export would be uglier than sin and not nearly so much fun. But it might get the job done. Better, though, is that if Word CAN do it, you can automate it with VBA.

Just don't hold your breath waiting for it to work, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom