Copy only selected fields from 1 sheet to another (1 Viewer)

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:33

VBA Code:
Public Sub CopyRows()
Sheets("Kaline").Select
' TRIED Sheets("Kaline").Range ("A7.c999, f7.f999")
' Find the last row of data
FinalRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
' Loop through each row
For x = 2 To FinalRow
' TRIED Range ("A7:c999, f1:f999")
' TRIED .Cells.Select
Cells(x, 1).Resize(1, 33).Copy
' TRIED Cells.Copy
Sheets("sheet1").Select
NextRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Cells(NextRow, 1).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Sheets("kaline").Select
Next x
End Sub

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 08:33

VBA Code:
Public Sub CopyRows()
Sheets("Kaline").Select
' TRIED Sheets("Kaline").Range ("A7.c999, f7.f999")
' Find the last row of data
FinalRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
' Loop through each row
For x = 2 To FinalRow
' TRIED Range ("A7:c999, f1:f999")
' TRIED .Cells.Select
Cells(x, 1).Resize(1, 33).Copy
' TRIED Cells.Copy
Sheets("sheet1").Select
NextRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Cells(NextRow, 1).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Sheets("kaline").Select
Next x
End Sub
:unsure:?

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
The original copied code brings all the field for 1st sheet exactly into the 2nd sheet, but I only want a few of the fields (in the range) copied over ...

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
The original copied code brings all the field for 1st sheet exactly into the 2nd sheet, but I only want a few of the fields (in the range) copied over ...
And perhaps even more specific details would help.

Which cells, for example, should be copied. You may get more focused help from a more focused description of the requirement.

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
And perhaps even more specific details would help.

Which cells, for example, should be copied. You may get more focused help from a more focused description of the requirement.
Might be better in Excel forum (which I just noticed) as this is Excel VBA, if that matters? I want to copy columns 1,2,3 and 6 ONLY - from 1st to 2nd sheet - not copy the whole 1st sheet (which has Several columns) - as the copied posted code copies ALL of the many columns over.

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 16:33
Why not just record a macro and look to see what that produces?
One of the benefits of Excel.

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Why not just record a macro and look to see what that produces?
One of the benefits of Excel.
That might work well, but I like the VBA option - assuming there is a way to paste over just the columns I want copied over ?

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
That might work well, but I like the VBA option - assuming there is a way to paste over just the columns I want copied over ?
Recording a macro in Excel creates a VBA procedure which you can use, or refine, as appropriate.

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Recording a macro in Excel creates a VBA procedure which you can use, or refine, as appropriate.
Did not know that, but then again there should be a simple VBA current minor code adjustment which will work, so I don't have to go back to carefully record a macro?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You said you wanted to copy columns?

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
You said you wanted to copy columns?
This is incredibility simple and works! Now I need to know how to modify it and run it again with slight modifications, where I will select the "next up" column to the right of 1st sheet instead e.g.: Sheets("kaline").Range("A:C,G:G") rather than ... Range("A:C, F:F") - SO THAT the next iteration will *ADD* records to the end of the 1st iteration rather than overwriting. One last thing, can I paste in a CONSTANT VALUE to the end of the columns I select? Thank You!!! Oh, however, it did NOT copy over the actual cell Format formula from the 1st sheet cells, but rather it just copied over the cells VALUES.

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I would have thought you just need to calculate the column and starting row?

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
I have this in 1st sheet: columns, a , b, c, d, e, F, G, H, and I want the copied sheet to break it down thusly: a, b, c, F, then ADD rows a, b, c, G, then ADD rows a, b, c, H, with the formula values of F, G, H included in the 2nd sheet.

Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
I would probably have a helper sheet, where I would store the source and destination. If the destination is empty, then insert at the top. If not empty, store at the next available row.

A
B
C
F
A A
B B
C C
F D
A A
B B
C C
G D
A A
B B
C C
H D

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
I would probably have a helper sheet, where I would store the source and destination. If the destination is empty, then insert at the top. If not empty, store at the next available row.

A
B
C
F
A A
B B
C C
F D
A A
B B
C C
G D
A A
B B
C C
H D
Yikes, you know way more than I! There was some VB code posted before where it copied and added to the end of the 2nd sheet, and also pasted in the formulas, but I am pretty much lost now! ;-). The issue with that prior VB code is that I did not know how to select the RANGE of the 1st sheet columns which I wanted selected for each iteration, as it selected ALL of the 1st sheet rows over and again into the 2nd sheet.

Last edited:

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
To break it down: 1st sheet contains baseball cards ROWS with a, b, c, d, e ,f, g, h columns named as: a=Team, b=Year, c=Card#, d=grade 1 value, e=grade 2 value, F=grade 3 value, G=grade 4 value, H=grade 5 value. The cards F, G, H column VALUES are garnered from FORMULAS/Averages of online Price Guides, which are found via other spreadsheet sheet formulas within the 1st sheet columns F, G, and H.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You find the last row and set lngLastRow
Then the range is Range = ("A1:A" & lngLastRow)
You can replace the A with the value of the cell holding that information.
Note you also do not need to select to copy, and select to paste. It can be done just by references, as shown in the link I posted.

Break it down into small steps.

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
You find the last row and set lngLastRow
Then the range is Range = ("A1:A" & lngLastRow)
You can replace the A with the value of the cell holding that information.
Note you also do not need to select to copy, and select to paste. It can be done just by references, as shown in the link I posted.

Break it down into small steps.
This would work if I could get it to add each time rather than overwriting.

Code:
Public Sub FinalCopyRows()
' Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Sheets("kaline").Range("A6:C39,f6:f39,o6:n39").Copy Sheets("sheet1").Range("A:m")
Sheets("kaline").Range("A6:C39,g6:g39,o6:n39").Copy Sheets("sheet1").Range("A:m")
Sheets("kaline").Range("A6:C39,h6:h39,o6:n39").Copy Sheets("sheet1").Range("A:m")
Sheets("kaline").Range("A6:C39,i6:i39,o6:n39").Copy Sheets("sheet1").Range("A:m")
Sheets("kaline").Range("A6:C39,j6:j39,o6:n39").Copy Sheets("sheet1").Range("A:m")
Sheets("kaline").Range("A6:C39,k6:k39,o6:n39").Copy Sheets("sheet1").Range("A:m")
Sheets("kaline").Range("A6:C39,l6:l39,o6:n39").Copy Sheets("sheet1").Range("A:m")
Sheets("kaline").Range("A6:C39,m6:m39,o6:n39").Copy Sheets("sheet1").Range("A:m")
End Sub

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You cannot do it like that, as the starting position moves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom