Copying Controls from FORM to a REPORT? (1 Viewer)

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:22
Hey all, I am wondering if there is a way to copy and past a control from a FORM to a REPORT? I have an activex control for my digital signatures and for some reason the value is not showing up on my report, I have tryed several different ways and I was wondering if there was a way to copy the activex control and on the open of the report the value what was copyed would appear on the report. can this be done?
I believe that somehow the value is not staying in the field provided and just going directly to the table therefore I cant see it on the report. Is this possible? Thanks in advance

supercharge

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:52
I'm not sure about the ActiveX 'cause I've not used it but are your digital signatures stored in a table?

Is your report based on a query or a table, need more info please?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:52
Unless the ActiveX control is designed to be used on a report, I doubt that it will work properly. Assuming that your signatures are stored as graphic objects in a table, you should be able to display them in a report with a picture control.

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
supercharge- My report is based on filterd data from a filtered form. The digital signature are signed on the tablet ann appera on the form and saved to the database table as memo form. However I need it to dispaly on the report as a signature.
pat hartman- So there is a certain way to desing a activeX one for forms and one for reports? They are not saved as a graphic object they are data in a table in a memo field.

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:52
You could try right-clicking on the form in the database view and selecting SaveAs>Report and let Access create the report and see if the control works then.
Peter

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
Bat17- thanks for the tip- However I got the tip from another form as well and it didnt work. The report created but the signature still didnt work! Thanks anyways!

IgorB

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:52
If it stored as memo then I think it could be kind of binary method to keep image in the field. There is no simple way to view binary stored image in the report.

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
IgorB- Thanks for the relpy It is stored as memo, Do you know of anyway to view them in a report? I have a few different people trying to help me with this topic however we havent got it yet, a few more would be a great benifit. That is how the porgram was developed, the signature was inputed and saved in a table as a memo field and i havent been able to get the signature to display from the table since it is in memo , all i have had show up is like you said numbers and letters (binary) Thanks

supercharge

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:52
I'm afraid that you'll have to store your signature in the table as "picture" in order to show it on your report. Doing that requires you to modify your table and form's design. That seems to be the only way to accomplish what you want to do except there's a way to convert from a memo format (binary...) to picture.

A report shows exactly what is being stored in a table that it's based on. If you store your signature as memo then the report will show it as memo.

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
supercharge- so you are suggesing the best way to accomplish that would be to save the signature as a image correct??? So How would I do this??

JoeCruse

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:52
You do NOT have to store the signature as an image. Sarah, I've asked before if you would post a version of your app here for us to look at. It does not have to include any real data. Make a copy and pull out any company logos, delete the table data and make up a few false records with signatures to go with them. Then zip it and attach it to a post. Then we can look at the report and perhaps see why the ActiveX is not working right in the report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom