Corruption in an art form (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:39
I've just been reading an article that says Hunter Biden's pieces of art will go for $75,000 for pieces on paper to $500,000 for large-scale paintings. That seems like a lot of money for an artist who is new to the market, or am I out of touch? Has he got a history of selling previous artworks?

I can see Hollywood creating a film out of this: former crack addict turns multi-millionaire international businessman, then turns into full-time artist making another instant fortune.

Quid-Pro-Joe has nothing to do with it though, since he is busy in the Whitehouse and affirms he has no idea about his son's business dealings.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:39

“And anybody who buys it would be guaranteed instant profit,” Acevedo added. “He’s the president’s son. Everybody would want a piece of that.’’

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:39
Too bad the Trump kids didn't discover this scam. They would have increased their net worth rather than decreased it. The press had their panties all in a twist because of the existing businesses that the kids ran and kept complaining that they were enriching themselves because Daddy was president. The fact that the business' had existed prior to the election had nothing to do with anything.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:39
Scandal-tarnished first son Hunter Biden’s newfound career as a painter may actually prove to be a success — as experts say his artwork is impressive and will fetch big
The whole family is scandal tarnished. Wasn't Jill the underaged babysitter for Joe prior to his wife's death?

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Indeed. I don't know what is the basis of the prices. Someone should look into it like professionals who can give a fair price. Is the gallery for the exhibit a known owner?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:39
Because all forms of art are subjective, gauging the price of a new work considered in isolation is all guesswork and dartboards.

In one of the articles posted above, it is acknowledged that name recognition factors doubled or tripled the expected prices. However, if you consider his works as "impressionist modern" then you might get some comparisons from that field.

CollaTech

Local time
Today, 20:39
I'm not an artist but, I do appreciate the time and effort they have put for their painting. This goes for Hunter's art. Only art enthusiast can give a valid judgment if its worth it or not.

Mike Krailo

Local time
The same type of art work signed by any other artist on the planet would never fetch those amounts. If that were the case, there are a lot of us in the wrong line of work. There might be experts in art from past famous painters and sculptors, but really the price is all down to what you are willing to pay for any given piece. Hunters art is being purchased in large part by those involved in politics in powerful ways. They are not normal art lovers or enthusiasts. This is so obvious you have to be really gullible to believe otherwise. Remember, Hunter is using his Father's huge network of connections that none of the rest of us have. It is not his network, it's his father's and I'll bet everything I own that the network will disappear the moment Biden is no longer in power or in a political position of power.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
The same type of art work signed by any other artist on the planet would never fetch those amounts. If that were the case, there are a lot of us in the wrong line of work. There might be experts in art from past famous painters and sculptors, but really the price is all down to what you are willing to pay for any given piece. Hunters art is being purchased in large part by those involved in politics in powerful ways. They are not normal art lovers or enthusiasts. This is so obvious you have to be really gullible to believe otherwise. Remember, Hunter is using his Father's huge network of connections that none of the rest of us have. It is not his network, it's his father's and I'll bet everything I own that the network will disappear the moment Biden is no longer in power or in a political position of power.

You have a point. I think Biden's administration will not last long and connections will surely fade. Thus, the painting is purely political. Maybe, favor was done upon buying the painting.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:39
Perhaps the buyers were Ukrainian and the prices were artificially inflated as a way of laundering their bribes?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I understand why the media is allowing the Biden's to get away with this "art" scam but why is the FBI giving them a pass? Why is Congress allowing it? Are they so afraid of the cancel culture that they can't speak up or are they corrupt themselves and afraid to make noise lest someone look into their finances? Why are the Delaware police allowing it? Why is the American public allowing it? Why are international reporters not reporting on it?

With just the art scam, the optics are pretty bad but with the laptop and the videos of Hunter, isn't there enough evidence to even look into it?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I understand why the media is allowing the Biden's to get away with this "art" scam but why is the FBI giving them a pass? Why is Congress allowing it? Are they so afraid of the cancel culture that they can't speak up or are they corrupt themselves and afraid to make noise lest someone look into their finances? Why are the Delaware police allowing it? Why is the American public allowing it? Why are international reporters not reporting on it?

With just the art scam, the optics are pretty bad but with the laptop and the videos of Hunter, isn't there enough evidence to even look into it?
None of his artwork has been sold yet.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
None of his artwork has been sold yet.
Are you actually trying to justify this influence peddling scam? So, if you attempt to murder someone but fail, did you commit a crime? Are you privy to Hunter's finances? Have you seen the sales records of the gallery? Have you been to the meet and greet parties where Hunter gets to mingle with potential buyers that he is supposed to be insulated from? Forget about defunding the police. Defund the FBI. The local police actually help people. The FBI does the bidding of the President. Not all Presidents though. Just the ones they agree with. If they had done the bidding of the Orangeman, the Biden empire would have been exposed after the film of Biden explaining the Ukraine deal in his own words came out. He used his position as the Vice President of the United States of America to coerce a foreign official into doing his bidding to the benefit of his son and his son's employer. If it looks like influence peddling perhaps it is. It is on film, in Biden's own words. Shouldn't that count as a confession? It certainly would if the FBI and Congress were not corrupt to their core. We probably never would have even gotten to the point of the FBI having custody of Hunter's laptop and all of its incriminating evidence which they chose to ignore. And now we have the latest video of Hunter confessing to the Russian prostitute and bragging about how much money he makes and that he is susceptible to blackmail.

Tell me, what laws are broken when one person doesn't give another person money but instead pays their expenses and buys them stuff by paying their credit card bills? Doesn't our tax code provide limits on what one person can give to another with out tax consequences? Or does that law, like many others, apply only to the little people?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
So, you have some insider information I see. Again I ask you - If you attempt to murder someone and fail, have you still committed a crime?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Every time Biden gives a press conference the pentagon has to have their own press conference to clean up the muddled and incomprehensible remarks by Biden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom