Could not find installable ISAM (1 Viewer)

bconner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:22
I am attempting the refresh links in an access db using the code below but I am getting the message can't find installable ISAM. Any help is appreciated...

Code:
Dim db As Database
Set db = CurrentDb
strPath = "[URL="file://\\va10vnas003a4\Shared\CRA_Public\Beth_Bell\Return_Mail_Address_Database\Provider_Database_Backend\Provider_Mailing_v4_be.accdb"]\\va10vnas003a4\Shared\CRA_Public\Beth_Bell\Return_Mail_Address_Database\Provider_Database_Backend\Provider_Mailing_v4_be.accdb[/URL]"
db.TableDefs("PROV_CL").Connect = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" & strPath & ";Persist Security Info=False;"
db.TableDefs("PROV_CL").RefreshLink

MsgBox "Tables Refreshed"

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:22
Could you give us more information... i.e.

1. What version of Access you're trying to Access.
2. How your db is setup, e.g. Access Backend and Access Front End or otherwise.
3. Are you using a DataControl.
4. Any other useful information regarding how you're trying to access it and the setup.

Have you tried looking at the Microsoft KB?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:22
personally, I drop existing links and recreate them, rather than refreshing them,

never had an issue.

maybe your connect string is wrong. I am not sure if you can assemble and use a connect string directly, even if it is exactly the same as the existing connect string. How do you create the links in the first place?

eg. I know a jet/ace connectstring to a jet/ace table looks like this

;database=fullpath

but I am not sure if you can change the path merely by directly editing the string itself.
I am not sure what type of connection you are creating, as it looks like a normal jet/ace back end.

smitht3

Local time
Today, 07:22
Hello,
I have the same or at least very similar issue.

I have a shared Excel file linked to an Access database.
Some users open the file using Windows 7 (32bit) machines running Office 2010, whilst others use Windows 7 (64bit) running Office 2013.

The message "Could not find installable ISAM" appears when a user with a different setup opens the file previously saved by a different system setup.

Is there any way to accommodate both users sharing the file?

We install this on the 64bit builds -
AccessDatabaseEngine.exe taken from:
Microsoft.com > download > Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable

Thanks

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:22
The problem is that the DLL files used by 64-bit installations don't always match one-for-one with 32-bit cases and therefore, you might not have an installable ISAM that you can use.

I should also point out that you might get better response opening a new thread rather than appending to a year-old thread. Dave's last reply was 367 days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom