Count unique values (1 Viewer)

Romio_1968

Local time
Today, 18:10
I have a report based on the following query
<CODE>
SELECT GeneralLedger.AddDate, GeneralLedger.Inventory_No, GeneralLedger.Title_ID, GeneralLedger.Call_No, GeneralLedger.Media, GeneralLedger.Title, GeneralLedger.Publisher, GeneralLedger.PublishPlace, GeneralLedger.PrintYear, GeneralLedger.ScrapDate, GeneralLedger.AuthorNames
FROM GeneralLedger
WHERE (((GeneralLedger.AddDate) >= [Forms]![GeneralLedger_Frm]![StartDate] AND (GeneralLedger.AddDate) <= [Forms]![GeneralLedger_Frm]![EndDate]) AND ((GeneralLedger.Inventory_No) BETWEEN ([Forms]![GeneralLedger_Frm]![Start_No]) AND ([Forms]![GeneralLedger_Frm]![End_No]))) OR (((GeneralLedger.Inventory_No) BETWEEN ([Forms]![GeneralLedger_Frm]![Start_No]) AND ([Forms]![GeneralLedger_Frm]![End_No])) AND ((GeneralLedger.ScrapDate) >= [Forms]![GeneralLedger_Frm]![StartDate] AND (GeneralLedger.ScrapDate) <= [Forms]![GeneralLedger_Frm]![EndDate]))
ORDER BY GeneralLedger.Inventory_No;
</CODE>

In the footer section I have an unboundcontrol to get the total number of Inventory_No displayed by the report, using
=Count([Inventory_No])
as control source.
In this case is the total number of records, and it works.

A second control should display the total number of distinct (unique) values in the Title_ID. I tried
=DCount("[Title_ID]","GeneralLedger")
but the result is not correct. It is also indicating the total no of records, instead of unique titles (about 6000)

Please help.
Thank You

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:10
CODE tags use [ ], not < > (in spite of toolbar icon).

You need to build a query that returns unique titles then DCount that query. Using the posted query as data source, like:

SELECT DISTINCT Title_ID FROM queryname;

Do you have a table Titles?

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:10
Have you tried more simply:
=Count([Title_ID])

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
David, that will not count unique titles from the report RecordSource unless title is not in multiple invoices. Specifying a field counts records where field is not null. In this case expect would be same as Count(*).

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:10
I didn't know whether there was any grouping set in the report

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay, could give unique count for each invoice if grouping on invoice, but not an over-all unique total for the report.

Romio_1968

Local time
Today, 18:10
CODE tags use [ ], not < > (in spite of toolbar icon).

You need to build a query that returns unique titles then DCount that query. Using the posted query as data source, like:

Do you have a table Titles?
Sorry for the bracketing
Yes, I do have a table Titles

Can you please indicate how to do this?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
That is the SQL for a query object that uses your posted query as source. Replace queryname with your actual query name.

You do this by building a query. Exactly what is not clear about that instruction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom