Counting check boxes on a form (1 Viewer)

ericryd

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:22
Hello all,

I'm creating a sort of "scorecard" for our managers to use when sitting with coworkers reviewing their work. On the form I have a 50 yes/no check marks (10 calls, each call has 5 check boxes). I am looking for a way to get percentages based on how many calls were graded.

I tried using sum([1greeting]+[2greeting]...)*-1 to get the total amount of checks of greetings, but it isn't a live update. If I close an open the form it appears to work. Is there a way for it to auto-calculate? Or can I create a button that would force a refresh of the form or tell it to count?

Does that make sense?

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:22
All that closing then re-opening your form is doing is saving the record. Simply force the save before doing your tally with this line:

If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False

ericryd

Registered User.
Local time
All that closing then re-opening your form is doing is saving the record. Simply force the save before doing your tally with this line:

If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False

Scratch that....I was able to figure it out. Just made a save record button and it has the same result for me.

Thanks!

ericryd

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, so this works....Which led me to my next problem.

I want to be able to total all columns and do other evaluations of the totals, but don't want this extremely long convoluted line ([Q1greeting]+[Q2greeting]+.....).

My thought was I could do it through vb code. I went to declarations and did "Dim GreetTotal as Integer"

Then I went to form, onload and did:

GreetTotal = [Q1greet]+[Q2greet]

From here I went on to my form and created a textbox and set the control to GreetTotal - All I get is #NAME

So I know I am skipping a step or referencing it wrong.

any thoughts or help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom