counting data (1 Viewer)

ryadav

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:47
Hi

I really hope someone can help me this time, I haven't had much luck in the other forums.

Basically I am working on a spreadsheet which has 2 columns, one is the priority column and the other is the Action column. At the end of the spreadsheet there is a table which totals up the priorities and the actions. I need the table to reflect the priorites against the action.

The priorites are up to 1 month, up to 6 month and up to 1 year. The actions are Estates, Student Services and Dean of faculty. So how do i create a formula which says that the priority of 1 month is allocated to estates 4 times.

I have tried =COUNTIF($G$4:$H$200,"="&$M5), but that just counts how many times up to 1 month features in the spreadsheet. I probably need some sort of IF statement, but i am not sure what?

Can someone please help??

Thanks

shades

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:47
ryadav said:
Hi
Basically I am working on a spreadsheet which has 2 columns, one is the priority column and the other is the Action column. At the end of the spreadsheet there is a table which totals up the priorities and the actions. I need the table to reflect the priorites against the action.

The priorites are up to 1 month, up to 6 month and up to 1 year. The actions are Estates, Student Services and Dean of faculty. So how do i create a formula which says that the priority of 1 month is allocated to estates 4 times.

I have tried =COUNTIF($G$4:$H$200,"="&$M5), but that just counts how many times up to 1 month features in the spreadsheet. I probably need some sort of IF statement, but i am not sure what?

Howdy, and welcome to the board.

It sounds as if you have three situations.

1. If priorities less than or equal to 1 month

2. If priorities are greater than 1 month and less than 6 months

3. If priorities are greater than 6 months and less than or equal to 12 months (1 year)

Is that correct?

What is in cell M5?
________
Vaporite Solo Vaporizer

Last edited:

ryadav

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:47
Excel counting data

yes that is correct, M5 is up to 1 month. The priority and action columns are drop down boxes.

I have attached the spreadsheet as a zip file, have look and let me know what you think.

thanks

Attachments

• fire Risk asses.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 201

shades

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:47
If I understand you correctly, then put this formula in cell N5, and copy to right and down;

=SUMPRODUCT(($G$4:$G$200=$M5)*($H$4:$H$200=N$4))
________
SARATOGA

Attachments

• fire Risk asses01.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom