CP/M Alive and Well!! (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:12
Brings me back to the days of my Osborne-One (Z-80 CPU) and Wordstar for CP/M.

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:12
And SuperStar which I think was the spreadsheet equivalent is said to have brought the PC to the business world out of the typing pools.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:12
It has been so long that I don't recall, but there WAS a spreadsheet and there was also a version of BASIC that wasn't terribly bad. I liked Wordstar enough that when I moved to a "real" PC I got Wordstar for DOS and later, for Windows. Wife and I used it to make our own wedding invitations. As I recall, it was a $10 Wordstar disk, a $10 Fonts disk, and a $10 graphics and images disk plus my HP Laserjet and a long-arm stapler. I already had the printer and stapler so it cost us $30 plus about half a pack of paper for everything else. We DID hire a printer for the formal invitations, but we did our own program and order of the service. Plus the maps we included in the invitations. Wife and I had a discussion about Wordstar vs. Word Perfect, but I didn't have WP at all on my PC and she didn't have WP/Windows on her system. Considering how well it turned out, she didn't complain that much. The software packages back then were quite capable if occasionally clunky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom