Create a custom word form letterdoc from access data (1 Viewer)

uttamsaxena

Local time
Today, 21:55
For keeping record of provient fund, I have made a access/(or excel) database with many fields like ID, Name,contribution for months eg March, April,..to..,Feb,etc.It contains 50 records.

Now I have to print the provident fund statements of my 50 friends. This statement consists of some text language and some data(It is a word form letter document).The statement also shows some data which has to be calculated from the data of database eg grand total, cumulative total, interests etc.

Now I want to print the statement for all or selected no of people. What I want is to make the statement proforma in another excel sheet and then merge and print the statements for selected no of persons eg for ID 1 to 20, 50 to 70 etc. I do not want to make statement in MS word and do not want to merge it there, but I want to do it in excel just as we do in MS word mail merge.

Pl help me how can I do it in access/Excel? Can i calculate in word or should I calculate before hand in access before merging data?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:25
Excel ain't the way to go.

Make a query that has parameters. Look up "parameter query" in help files. The parameters will be the starting and ending code number to select for the merge. Now do your computations in the query. Or in any underlying query that feeds this one. Trigger the merge from the query as a data source, not the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom