Create a front end application for an Access Database (1 Viewer)

mcalpine

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:15
Hi,

I was looking to see if there was an easy way to create a user front end desktop application for a small access database.

I have three users on different computers i would like them to input or amend data within one table of the access database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Kind Regards

M

I Need Help

Registered User.
Local time
Hi mcalpine,
Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but it sounds like you can do all this from within MS access.
After creating your table, create a form for your table (essentially an interface showing one record at a time so its like you're working through the table row by row, viewing one record at a time) and then setup a shared database.
I've heard of a few ways of doing this but it seems the easiest is to split the database in two. One end will be the interface the users see, and each user will have their own locally stored copy. The other end (separate file) will be the tables. This file can then be stored on a network drive available to all your users, so all users can make changes to the data.
You can also add features like a login and other forms (e.g. main menu) to give you the clean user interface you're after.
Regards
Sam

lread123

Registered User.
Local time
I have just done this today. ('I need help' is right)

But what I did was;
1. build DB, all tables forms queries report etc.
2. in MS 2007 you can (on the top menu) split the DB, this creates 2 files.
2.1 one holding just the tables
2.2 the second everything else but the tables, this file has links to the first.
3. then create a 'mde' (again in top menu) this is a locked down file that can be placed on a users desktop.

Done. (remember to modify it you need to run the mde again and copy/paste on desktops.

enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom