Create duplicate records based on textbox (1 Viewer)

wrightyrx7

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:31
Hi all,

I have form which i bound to a table. And everything works as you would expect it to.

The data stored is job vacancies. However, if the is 4 vacancies for 1 job, the vacancy has to be put on 4 times so that each vacancy can have the successful candidate details attached to it at a later date.

To save time I am trying to figure out if the person inputting the vacancy can put 4 in a textbox and when they click save it creates 4 duplicate records?

Each will have a unique ID when the data is put into the table but all other data from the form will be the same.

Thanks in advance
Chris

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:31
No point in doing this.
In any case, if another 2 people apply later, you'll have to do it all over again

Link the vacancy details to the candidate details using a query where the VacancyID field is in both tables

wrightyrx7

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:31
No point in doing this.
In any case, if another 2 people apply later, you'll have to do it all over again

Link the vacancy details to the candidate details using a query where the VacancyID field is in both tables

Hi Ridders,

I pretty much finished the 2 databases today. One is for the admin creating the vacancy and one is for the admin adding the successful candidates.

I had it running exactly as you wrote above.

The admin creates 1 vacancy record, and input within the vacancy data how many people were being hired (e.g 4).

Then the admin started putting in the successful candidates after interviews. Once they put 4 successful candidates against the vacancy the vacancy moved to completed.

Everything was perfect.

However, if they only get 2 successful candidates they re-advertise for 2 more. They change various details within the vacancy, as an example they change status of the vacancy to re-advertised. But for the 2 successful candidates it shows the status of the vacancy as re-advertised. They need the status to be 'complete', other data should remain as it was before re-advertised too.

This is why they have asked me to change the way it works.

So the reason for the above is to save the admin putting all the details in 4 times.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom