Creating a Stacked Column Chart (1 Viewer)

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:38
I think I came up with a solution. I could use code when the value is being entered on the form. When the client checks the box, I will run it through a Select Case statement. Not sure where I should put it. I'm thinking "AfterUpdate" or "LostFocus". I could also do it when I calculate all the points on the form. Either way, I will copy the values directly into the other table. I won't have to make any changes to the queries being used to collect the data for the charts.

I'm going to work on it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works.

I think my next step after that will be how to call the individual actions for the entire 12 weeks and put it into a chart. I'm wanting to use a form version with a print button that will print a report version.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
So in my solution, I ran across a little clitch. It's should be very simple to most that monitor this site.

I am using a Select Case statement and am getting the error "Object variable or With block variable not set" Here's the code that is getting flagged.

Code:
Case 217
       If Me.ActivityChallengeYes = True Then
        dbs.Execute "UPDATE Weekly_Challenges " _
            & "SET MonACYes = True, MonACNo = False" _
            & "WHERE UserID =" & Form_FRM_Mon_Challenges.UserID _
            & " AND WeekNumber=" & Form_FRM_Mon_Challenges.WeekNumber _
            & "StandardAction='" & Me.StartTimeAction & "';"
        dbs.Close
       Else
            & "SET MonACYes = False" _
            & "StandardAction='" & Me.StartTimeAction & "';"
        dbs.Close
       End If
      Case 218

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:38
Try replacing Form_ with Forms!

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Actually I had forgotten to include "Set dbs = CurrentDb".

Now I'm getting "Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression "UserId = 2 AND WeekNumber= 1 StandardAction= 'Exercise Routing".

I did try changing the Form_ to Forms!, no difference.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Nevermind, I found it. I forgot one of the "AND"'s

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Hi guys, I'm using my select case statement and I don't think the logic is right. I have a checkbox and when it is clicked this code kicks off.

Code:
Case 217
       If Me.ActivityChallengeYes = True Then
            & "SET MonACNo = True, MonACYes = False " _
            & " AND StandardAction='" & Me.StartTimeAction & "';"
        dbs.Close
       Else
            & "SET MonACNo = False " _
        dbs.Close
       End If
      Case 218

Sometimes the table reflects the change and others it doesn't. My brain is a little fried and thought some fresh eyes might see something that I'm not.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Well, I finally got everything straightened out. I ditched the Case statements, realized I didn't need them. A simple If Statement took care of it.
Code:
If count > 0 Then

If Me.ActivityChallengeNo = True Then
            & "SET MonACNo = True, MonACYes = False " _
        dbs.Close       
    Else
    End If

Else
End If

Now it's on to making the graphs. Here's the query I'm using and I sent the data in an excel file. I was able to get my cut down copy of my DB to under 2MB, but it's saying it's too large. Here's a google drive link if anyone is interested.

Google Drive Link

Code:
SELECT PlanAndActPointsUNION.UserID, PlanAndActPointsUNION.WeekNumber, PlanAndActPointsUNION.Action, ((PlanAndActPointsUNION.[PlannedMon])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[PlannedTue])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[PlannedWed])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[PlannedThu])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[PlannedFri])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[PlannedSat])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[PlannedSun])) AS Planned, ((PlanAndActPointsUNION.[ActualMon])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[ActualTue])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[ActualWed])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[ActualThu])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[ActualFri])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[ActualSat])+(PlanAndActPointsUNION.[ActualSun])) AS Actual
FROM PlanAndActPointsUNION
WHERE (((PlanAndActPointsUNION.UserID)=2) AND ((PlanAndActPointsUNION.WeekNumber)<13) AND (((([PlanAndActPointsUNION].[PlannedMon])+([PlanAndActPointsUNION].[PlannedTue])+([PlanAndActPointsUNION].[PlannedWed])+([PlanAndActPointsUNION].[PlannedThu])+([PlanAndActPointsUNION].[PlannedFri])+([PlanAndActPointsUNION].[PlannedSat])+([PlanAndActPointsUNION].[PlannedSun])))>0))
ORDER BY PlanAndActPointsUNION.UserID, PlanAndActPointsUNION.Index, PlanAndActPointsUNION.WeekNumber;

A big problem is how to pull the data one action at a time (for all 12 weeks), make the graph and put a button in the form to go to the next action. I would think a crosstab query would work, but you can't have two values under the weeks.

Attachments

• Data.zip
    13 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom