CREATING DROP-DOWN LISTS ON QUERIES (1 Viewer)

L

LECKY

Can anyone help me? I have created a query in Access 2000 which when I first click on the query I have to enter a desired entry within a data field. How can I customise the expression to allow only a partial entry using wildcards rather than having to type in the exact wording and is it possible to have a drop-down list with all available answers ?
Any help much appreciated.

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:12
Create a form with a Command button and a Combo box. Have the Combo box list the values that you want the user to select for the criteria. In the Query put this in the Criteria line under the column you want:

[Forms]![FormName]![ComboBoxName]

Now have the Command button open the Query... When the user select a criteria from the Combo box and they click the Command button the will see their selected data.

IannWard

Registered User.
Local time
Can you have the command button open a report showing data collected from running the query?

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Can you have the command button open a report showing data collected from running the query?

Yes. You just bind the query to the report's RecordSource property. Plus use a macro or VBA to open the report on the command button's click event.

Well done in resurrecting a fourteen year old post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom