Crosstab Query - Custom Header Label (1 Viewer)

brucesilvers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:47
Is it possible to create a custom label for a column header in a crosstab query?

My crosstab query displays sales totals for a particular sales rep number (rep # 102 in this case), by month. For example:

Month....102
1..........$500
2..........$300
3..........$450
etc.

I would like the column to be labeled "Sales" instead of "102" - is that possible?

Thanks for any help you can provide!!! :eek:

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:47
If you will allways have only 1 summing column in your crostab query why not make it a "normal" group by-sum query? Much easier and you probably know how to answer your question then...

Regardz

brucesilvers

Registered User.
Local time
Why the Crosstab

Users want the months displayed as the first column, and sales for each rep summed by month of sales. The data is coming from invoices, each of which contains an individual date (ie, 1/1/05, etc.).

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Still then you are only displaying the one rep?! Are they not willing to see more than 1 rep?

Possibly replace the (seamingly meaningless) number by the rep's name?

Regards

brucesilvers

Registered User.
Local time
Unfortunately, I have to design this to identically match a report that used to come out of their old unix database system. 1 rep per report, no names, multiple columns being summed and compared.

I believe I'll take the easy way out and use SELECT queries to compile, sum, compare the data, and handle the formatting in the actual report/report-feeder query.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Still in a simple Group by - sum query you can get what you want.... (I think)

brucesilvers

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, by stamping the month on each row I believe I'll be able to reproduce their report using a SELECT query.

I'm still curious, though, as to whether you can change the labels on crosstab columns ;)

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
You cant, they are the values of what your counting/summing in the crosstab.... They actually should mean something. Eg. Sales people names instead of simply Sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom