Crystal reports with multiple tables (1 Viewer)

ferrarirules83

Local time
Today, 07:08
I am trying to create a report with a list of projects and some customer info for each project - so i am having to select two tables projects and customers which I have linked using a common field ie customer code. on the project table i have a few records which dont have a customer code ie have been left blank - such records are being omitted from the report. But what i was expecting to see in such cases was just a blank cust code rather than the whole record being omitted.

is there a way around this?:confused:

guggu

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:08
Hi,
If they unique identifier you have used are in both, try using a left or right outer join.
Send a screen shoot of what it is you have and what the data extract is with the rpt file and I will see if I can help you further.
Cheers

zaynahblaze

Local time
-From main menu in Visual Studio select PROJECT-->Add New Item . Then Add New Item dialogue will appear and select Crystal Reports from the dialogue box.
-Select Report type from Crystal Reports gallery.
-Next step is to select the appropriate connection to your database. Here we are going to select -OLEDB connection for SQL Server
-Select OLE DB (ADO) from Create New Connection .
-Select Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server .
-Next screen is the SQL Server authentication screen . Select your Sql Server name , enter userid , password and select your Database Name . Click next , Then the screen shows OLE DB Property values , leave it as it is , and click finish.
-The next step is to make relation between these selected tables. Here we are connecting the related fields from each table.
-Next step is to select the fields from the tables .

Preston456

Local time
I am creating a report where the fields will be coming from SQL. In the report I'll be using two fields from the DB. If the number of records exceeds ten(meaning there are already 10 rows), the other records will be carried to the next column.I dont know how to create a new column for the remaining records(those that exceed ten).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom