Currency re-vamp (1 Viewer)

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:49
Rich said:
That's because the Beatles spread a true Christian message, odd that so many Americans were offended by it:rolleyes:

I wasn't ever offended by the Beatles but I am responding to your "true Christian message" statement. To me the Christian message is what it is. You either believe it's message or you don't. I can't see how anyone can redefine it. When lyrics say, "imagine there is no heaven, it's easy it you try," to me would not be a "true Christian message," so help me out with what was their "true Christian message?"

Did I just take the bait....again?

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Did I just take the bait....again?
Yes you did, the Beatles didn't write "Imagine"

ShaneMan

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:49
Rich said:
Yes you did, the Beatles didn't write "Imagine"

Where did I say that they wrote it? I just said "the lyrics say," meaning they sang it.

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Where did I say that they wrote it? I just said "the lyrics say," meaning they sang it.
Nope, nice try but, the Beatles didn't sing it either:eek:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:49
Rich said:
Typical American, sidestep the question

Ok, open wide.........

John Lennon loved his wife.

The only reason why you get away with such remarks is because he is not in the same room as you. If he was, he'd probably give you a good slap. Maybe you'll meet up in the after life and he can issue you a good kicking then. Until then I'm sure you won't care less.

R

Rich

ShaneMan said:
Just John Lennon?
A former Beatle wrote and performed the song, the Beatles wrote such classics as All You Need Is Love, of course in the States that was changed to All You Need Is a GUN

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
Ok, open wide.........

John Lennon loved his wife.

The only reason why you get away with such remarks is because he is not in the same room as you. If he was, he'd probably give you a good slap. Maybe you'll meet up in the after life and he can issue you a good kicking then. Until then I'm sure you won't care less.
Don't I hear many Americans refering to their wives as their Bitch? :rolleyes:

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:49
ShaneMan said:
I wasn't ever offended by the Beatles but I am responding to your "true Christian message" statement. To me the Christian message is what it is. You either believe it's message or you don't. I can't see how anyone can redefine it. When lyrics say, "imagine there is no heaven, it's easy it you try," to me would not be a "true Christian message," so help me out with what was their "true Christian message?"

If the lyrics said there was no heaven, that wouldn't be a Christian message. Saying 'imagine there's no heaven' is like saying 'imagine that unicorns exist'. It implies that you have to visualise it, since it isn't true. That sound pretty Christian to me. :confused:

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Yesterday, 21:49
Rich said:
A former Beatle wrote and performed the song, the Beatles wrote such classics as All You Need Is Love, of course in the States that was changed to All You Need Is a GUN

Didn't John Lennon write "Happiness Is A Warm Gun?"

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:49
Matty said:
Didn't John Lennon write "Happiness Is A Warm Gun?"

He also wrote:

"I don't believe in magic
I don't believe in I-Ching
I don't believe in Bible
I don't believe in Tarot
I don't believe in Hitler
I don't believe in Jesus
I don't believe in Kennedy
I don't believe in Buddha
I don't believe in Mantra
I don't believe in Gita
I don't believe in Yoga
I don't believe in Kings
I don't believe in Elvis
I don't believe in Zimmermen
I don't believe in Beatles
I just believe in me
Yoko and me
And that's reality"

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
...now, now...there's that ruffian influence you seem to favor. Da only wuns talkin' 'bout dey bitch is down in da hood, dog:eek:

You should really try a trip uptown for a change:cool:

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Rich said:

Yeah - a lot of uneducated Americans. Which is not the set of Americans you are dealing with in this forum.

Lisa

R

Rich

lmnop7854 said:
Which is not the set of Americans you are dealing with in this forum.

Lisa
Are you sure ? I have my doubts about some of them;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom