Custom Ribbon in report views (1 Viewer)

KhitoKhali

Local time
Today, 13:01
Hello everyone

I have a custom ribbon that I use for some reports that open in Print View.
The ribbon contains a button to show the report in Print View and a button to show it in Layout view, so that i can toggle between the two views

In print view, all the buttons work properly.
When I switch to layout view the ribbon icons all disappear, and I have no means to return to the Print view, except to right-click on the report to open the shortcut menu.
The "Allow Layout View" property for the report is set to YES

How can I make the custom ribbon show in Layout view, or a least have a ribbon with a button allowing me to toggle back to Print View

Thank you

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:01
Why allow Layout View? Are users allowed to modify report design?

I have report RibbonName property set to a custom ribbon. When I switch to Layout View, the custom ribbon is replaced by the standard ribbon.

RibbonName property doesn't even show available in Layout View.

KhitoKhali

Local time
I have an admin assistant who prepares multiple versions of the report by setting a date range, and filtering/sorting in print view. She then goes in Layout view to change the report title field without changing any of the layout. I understand this could be done through programming, but I want her to have the freedom.

My standard ribbons are disallowed. Besides, the standard ribbon for layout view contains a lot of controls that are not necessary for that application and does not provide a button to return to print view.
My current ribbon for print view

Screenshot 2022-03-13 201938.jpg

I would like my layout view to be the same, or show only the "Report view" button.

KhitoKhali

Local time
I would have hoped that there was a simple method to maintain the custom ribbon assigned to the report for all views, including the layout view.
As it is now, I can not find a visible button to return to print view when you are in layout view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom