Custom sort order management (1 Viewer)

Atthe

Local time
Today, 00:11
Hi All,

I have a tbltools that has 12 fields in total of which 2 fields (Machine & Tool Type) that I need to apply a custom sort order to in the user report, so I have have added two sort fields to the table (Sort Order Machine & Sort Order Tool Type) this approach works fine but I need to implement a Form so the admin user can makes changes to the sort order and add/delete extra criteria to the sort.

ie if a machine or tool type is removed or renamed in the form then I would like it to be removed/updated from the relevant records in tblTools.

I am unsure of the best approach, I was thinking of making dedicated sort tables for machine and tool type but am not sure what relationship between the tables I need for cascade update and delete.

Can anyone explain/demonstrate the best approach

Thanks

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Reports, take no notice of the sort order of the source. Needs to be sorted in the report. ?

Atthe

Local time
Reports, take no notice of the sort order of the source. Needs to be sorted in the report. ?
Yes I use these fields (Sort Order Machine & Sort Order Tool Type) to sort in the report.

What I need is a way to mange the above fields without having to manually manipulate the table. (I would like to admin user to manage this through a form) and to update any records in the table affected by the change?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 08:11
is something like this what you have in mind?

Attachments

• machine_tools.accdb
    520 KB · Views: 388

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:11

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom