Custom Toolbar not showing in 2007 (1 Viewer)

AnnPhil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:37
I have researched this and still can not get my custom toolbar that was created in 2003 to show up in 2007. I have hidden the ribbon and would like the custom toolbar to show up when viewing reports. Any suggestions?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 02:37
I have researched this and still can not get my custom toolbar that was created in 2003 to show up in 2007. I have hidden the ribbon and would like the custom toolbar to show up when viewing reports. Any suggestions?

The custom toolbar will not show up if you don't have any ribbon because it appears on the Add-Ins tab. If you want it to be available you will need to create your own ribbon to show the Add-ins tab.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:37
I have some good news.

I've had this problem that Ann mentioned since people started using Access 2007. Menus that used to work perfectly became hard to access because they had to click Add Ins every time. I've had to walk them through the process I linked in my previous menu.

I've done some digging around and I found that you can set the Startup Menu Bar programatically. I used the code from this page:

http://wiki.lessthandot.com/index.php/Setting_Start-Up_Options_Using_VBA

Namely:

- I used the function on this page SetProp to allow me to set (or add, if the property is not part of the collection) any property

- I created a menu bar that I wanted my application to use. I assume that you've done this already.

- On the startup/splash screen, I set the StartupMenuBar to my bar with this line of code:

Call SetProp("Startupmenubar", "MyMenu")

And it worked!

Now I have one less headache as a result of Access 2007.

I hope this helps someone.

SHADOW

AnnPhil

Registered User.
Local time
Shadow, I tried the steps in accessjunkie.com link but I can not select my custom toolbar in the Menu Bar combo box, it does not appear in the list. However it still shows up in the Add-Inns tab. Any ideas why this would happen?

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Shadow, I tried the steps in accessjunkie.com link but I can not select my custom toolbar in the Menu Bar combo box, it does not appear in the list. However it still shows up in the Add-Inns tab. Any ideas why this would happen?

Are you sure you're looking in the right combo box? Did you try using the code I suggested?

AnnPhil

Registered User.
Local time
Not much of a programmer so i thought i would use the other approach. Still don't understand why i cannot see my custom toolbar in the Access Options. I looked in all 3 combo boxes in the Ribbon and Toolbar options.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Not much of a programmer so i thought i would use the other approach. Still don't understand why i cannot see my custom toolbar in the Access Options. I looked in all 3 combo boxes in the Ribbon and Toolbar options.

Ok, are you sure that you have created your own toolbar or menu bar?

If you can't figure this out, you can post the database and I'll see if there's a menu bar. I can put the code in to force the menu to load if you want.

SHADOW

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom