DAO exporting text from related table (1 Viewer)

Hdata

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:59
I am trying to export text to a 2010 word document from an access 2010 database with DAO. I have successfully been able to export text from the main table tblLandSales via variables (below) and then subsequently a document. I used the following code:

Dim objWord As Word.Application
Dim docm As Word.Document
Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim strSQL As String
Dim strLandSalesID As String
Dim strPropertyName As String
Dim strClass As String

strSQL = "SELECT * FROM qryLandSales " _
& "WHERE [LandSalesID]=" & [Me!LandSalesID]
rst.Open strSQL, CurrentProject.Connection, _
adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly
With rst
strLandSalesID = Nz(.Fields("[LandSalesID]"))
strPropertyName = Nz(.Fields("[PropertyName]"))
strClass = Nz(.Fields("[Class]"))

Now I want to export other data from a one to many related table where [fk_tblLandSalesID] is the foreign key in the related table and tblLandSalesID is the primary key in the main table.

Any suggestions and thanks in advance.

Hdata

Registered User.
Local time
Paul,
Thanks for your information and direction regarding joining my two tables in order to export my text. I tried to accomplish this yesterday and not sure why it did not work. I did not get an error, just no text was exported. I have Microsoft's Access 2010 Programmer's Reference book and I need to read chapters on 11 (DAO), 12 (ADO) and 13 (SQL) before I can ask the correct questions. Although I am currently using DAO for export, this technology does not support exporting lookup fields, maybe there is a an alternate method. Other issues may also come to light. So I should resume my questions in a few days or so.
Thanks for your efforts.

Hdata

Hdata

Registered User.
Local time
I am trying to export text to a 2010 word document from an access 2010 database with DAO. I have successfully been able to export text from the main table tblLandSales via variables (below) and then subsequently a document. I used the following code:

Dim objWord As Word.Application
Dim docm As Word.Document
Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim strSQL As String
Dim strLandSalesID As String
Dim strPropertyName As String
Dim strClass As String

strSQL = "SELECT * FROM qryLandSales " _
& "WHERE [LandSalesID]=" & [Me!LandSalesID]
rst.Open strSQL, CurrentProject.Connection, _
adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly
With rst
strLandSalesID = Nz(.Fields("[LandSalesID]"))
strPropertyName = Nz(.Fields("[PropertyName]"))
strClass = Nz(.Fields("[Class]"))

Now I want to export other data from a one to many related table where [fk_tblLandSalesID] is the foreign key in the related table and tblLandSalesID is the primary key in the main table.

Any suggestions and thanks in advance.
My fix was to create a query based on the two tables (primary & subordinate table) then look at the SQL view and copy this code into my procedure and it worked fine. Thanks Paul. Next I want to export the multiple records from the sub table with a loop and eof clause. I may need help but I need to try it first.
Thanks again Paul. I hang on every word you say. Still working on my previous look-up table failure at the table level. Got to be another way.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:59
this technology does not support exporting lookup fields
Nothing supports exporting lookup fields - one of the reasons it is not recommended

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom