data disappears from subforms but appears in according tables (1 Viewer)

bloemetje

Local time
Today, 12:46
Hello everyone, I'm new to microsoft access. I made a form with several subforms. The information I put in the subforms appears in the according tables, but disappears from the form. How can I solve this?

Thank you very much!

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 03:46
There is more than one possible reason for what you are seeing. Let's start with what is the most likely possibility.

There are different ways to configure behavior of forms when adding/deleting/updating records. One of them is called "Data Entry", which applies to adding new records.
If it is set to "Yes", the form ONLY displays new records as they are being added, but does not display existing records.

If it is set to "No", the form displays all records, whether they are currently being entered or pre-existing.

1710767759923.png

Different scenarios call for different options here. Try them all out to find the best match for your needs.

bloemetje

Local time
Today, 12:46
Thanks for your reply. "Data entry" of the form is already set to "No". Is there a similar setting for subforms?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:46
Thanks for your reply. "Data entry" of the form is already set to "No". Is there a similar setting for subforms?
Subforms are just forms, just that they are enclosed within another form.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:46

Gasman's answer is correct. I'll clarify a little. The ONLY difference between a form and a subform is that a subform is a form contained in a subform control, just like a picture is contained in an image control, or a subreport is contained in a subreport control. (Actually, subforms and subreports are in a subform/subreport control because that control goes either way.) Subforms actually don't exist UNTIL you build a form that then can be put into a subform control - and then put it there. Therefore, whatever properties you wish to adjust on a subform, the trick is merely addressing it correctly. Otherwise there IS no difference between forms and subforms.

The subform control provides linkage to synchronize the subform to the parent form. However, a subform is EXACTLY like a form in that you see whatever the .Recordsource and other controls make available. Just remember that forms and subforms have separate .Recordsources and other controls, so they behave independently (except for that parent/child linkage managed by the subform control.) If something appears or disappears from a given form or subform, the first place to look is locally to the offending form or subform. The next place to look would depend on whether there exists a formal declared relationship between the record sources for the two forms such that some records get excluded.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:46
I would check your subform control for the values for the linkmaster and linkchild properties

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom