Data entry problem (1 Viewer)

whenthegeeseinvade

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:52
Hi everyone.

I'm having a strange issue with data entry into forms. I have a Form with a Subform and sometimes I cannot enter data into textboxes on either form. Both recordsets are updateable and data entry using combo boxes works just fine. All other controls also work normally.

I have experienced this before and have shut down and restarted or scrolled through a few records and the form has worked again. Today however I'm really shut out.

If anyone has some ideas, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks very much,

Laurence

whenthegeeseinvade

Registered User.
Local time
I have been playing around little more and discovered the following;

I can copy and paste text from fields into other fields using the CTRL+C and CTRL+V on the keyboard. It is just directly typing into the fields that is not working. If I select a word and press backspace then nothing happens but the delete key is working.

This problem is apparent on the main form and all other subforms on this main form.

All other forms in the database are working correctly.

Really scratching my head here. Any ideas?

Thanks to all who read this.

Laurence

whenthegeeseinvade

Registered User.
Local time
Additional;

I can type new records and amend existing ones directly into the underlying dynaset. No problem here. It seems like it's just the textboxes. I have also tried creating a new unbound textbox on the form but this does not allow data entry either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom