Data Entry Subform Requery/Refresh? (1 Viewer)

McFly

Local time
Today, 19:35
Hi All,

Any help/guidance would be appreciated on this. I am having a problem with a data entry subform. When I requery or refresh the form with the data entry subform on it the subform then shows an existing records rather than being in data entry mode with a blank record. Is there any way that I can get the form to refresh while keeping the subform in data entry mode?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 14:35
in design mode, set the form property DATA ENTRY = yes

McFly

Local time
Today, 19:35
thanks for the quick reply, I have already set this and when the form first loads it is fine and shows a blank form ready for entry, it is only after a refresh or requery of the main form (called from another form) that the existing records then show, any ideas?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 20:35
Show the code you've for requiring/refreshing the form.

tabitha

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:35
This is the issue I'm having. I have a "Add New Insured" form, and after entering a FirstName, it refreshes, so the two subforms below will appear and show blank fields for population. However, starting today, once a name is entered, the form is filled with an already exiting record. (I checked and it does this every time: the record it pulls is the next 9th record (ie ID 200..209..218...) No clue why.)

The "Add New" form is set to Data Entry, but the subforms are not because the same two subforms are also used in a "Main Form" for opening existing records. This has worked successfully for months now.

I have a SQL 2014 Express back end, and Access 2013 front end.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 20:35
.. (I checked and it does this every time: the record it pulls is the next 9th record (ie ID 200..209..218...) No clue why.)
What do you mean with the above, (show a printscreen)?

tabitha

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:35
I've attached a few screenshots that show the issue. I know it's an issue from the server because I opened an old copy that's linked to the same server, and it did it too.

Attachments

• wrong data entry record.jpg
    wrong data entry record.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 125

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom