Solved Database creation suggestion (1 Viewer)

Ravi Kumar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:43
Dear all ,

I need to create a Access database for the attached excel file , and i need to here your suggestions as i am not finding an efficient way of designing the table relationships :(column names will be renamed by removing space and special characters)

currently i am only thought of this:
  • Create a separate table for machine numbers(sheet names in excel),Shift, Material Type , and in the form give a combo box to select which machine number they are entering(by creating a relation), so that all machine's data will be in single table .
  • create unique for each machine number for indexing purpose.
kindly suggest your views:

Attachments

• Copy of WD(fine wire) 20.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 185

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:13
I need to create a Access database for the attached excel file

Creating a database in Microsoft Access from an Excel sample is full of pitfalls that can cause you much agony if you don't create the database in the correct manner. See my blog here for more information:-

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I can provide you with a free copy of my normalisation/Transpose tool, just contact me for details of how to get it for free.

Ravi Kumar

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:43
Creating a database in Microsoft Access from an Excel sample is full of pitfalls that can cause you much agony if you don't create the database in the correct manner. See my blog here for more information:-

Thank you ...let me try with help of blog as it will give me experience ..if still no possible ..i'll contact you for the tool.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Dear all ,

I need to create a Access database for the attached excel file , and i need to here your suggestions as i am not finding an efficient way of designing the table relationships :(column names will be renamed by removing space and special characters)

currently i am only thought of this:
  • Create a separate table for machine numbers(sheet names in excel),Shift, Material Type , and in the form give a combo box to select which machine number they are entering(by creating a relation), so that all machine's data will be in single table .
  • create unique for each machine number for indexing purpose.
kindly suggest your views:
Hi Ravi

What Shifts do you Work?
On a Specific Shift will you use only 1 or would you use Many Machines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom