Database now crashes and/or restarts (1 Viewer)

Mahall906

Local time
Today, 22:50
Hi all!
The last time I used my daily database was 24/12. Since 29/12 the database will crash and restart when attempting to put in a hyperlink in a form field. This is a new issue and has never happened before. Hyperlinks that are already added work perfectly fine. It is happening on all forms and on different databases.
I am wondering if there is a simple fix or will it be a software issue that I will need to go to our IT team with to roll back any updates etc?
I have tried relocating the database (from a shared drive to local) and compacting and repairing.
The database is saved as and ACCDB.
Any help would be appreciated.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Any Office or windows updates in that time?

Mahall906

Local time
Any Office or windows updates in that time?
I thought the same, and yes, there has been. I have checked colleagues PC's, with the same updates and they have no problems. I have 'logged' into another machine and its doing it on that.

I have logged the problem with our IT service but no doubt it will take them nearly six months to reply!🤦‍♂️

p.s. I work for a local authority so security on IT is a bit daft.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-03 112634.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-03 112634.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Get a colleague to log into that other computer. If it works for them, then it would be something in your profile, so perhaps ask IT what they changed?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Googling your question I found this link. 5 or 6 years old but worth trying the suggestions

Mahall906

Local time
Get a colleague to log into that other computer. If it works for them, then it would be something in your profile, so perhaps ask IT what they changed?
Googling your question I found this link. 5 or 6 years old but worth trying the suggestions

Thank you. Both option tried and tested with the same results. A bit more 'Googling' and testing reveals its not just Access and is affecting all the usual, Word, Excel etc.
Has to be the recent update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom