Database Window Re-appears!! (1 Viewer)

AstroDonut

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:38
I un-tick the 'Display Database Window' option on the startup dialog box, close the database and re-open it, everything is fine until I open a form in maximised state, after this the database window is visible for everybody to see!!!

Have I missed something???

Please help

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:38
hi,

I use Access 2007 now so correct me if I am wrong.

Have you tried just Hiding it, or is that what you are doing?

I cannot remember the exact way of getting there but it is in tools I think and under "hide" you then just select Database Window...unhide to get it back.

AstroDonut

Registered User.
Local time
The option is on Tools-Startup (which I've already done!)

The flamin database window re-appears though (not straight away, only after I've opened a form that is maximised)

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
I just had a look on an Office 03 PC.

In that version you go to "Window" then "Hide" and it hides the current window, then to unhide you do the opposite.

Is that available to you.

AstroDonut

Registered User.
Local time
That is available, but it's not what I want to do.

I don't want the database window opening at all when it's running, but it does!!

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
well if you do that no one will be able to see it at all
(unless they unhide it specifically).

Unless your users need to fiddle with the database then the hide function should be enough - it will stop anyone seeing it.

I don't know why yours opens when a form does.

AstroDonut

Registered User.
Local time
I don't think you understand what I'm saying

I don't want people to mess with the database, that's why I want to hide the database window!

mcclunyboy

Registered User.
Local time
I understand - sorry I don'tn know a more secure way.

We use the hide function for our databases...it is not full proof as some people may know to look there to unhide it - however it has been safe for us.

It is possible to hide forms/tables/reports etc from certain users, when you put details like that into the database it can start to get confusing...I don't know how to do it but I have maintained a few database that have similar functions to that.

AstroDonut

Registered User.
Local time
No problem.

I think I've fixed it!!! I've sat looking at the vba for every form and object (how sad?) and I spotted a 'true' at the end of one of the lines (it was highlighted a different colour from the normal black), I deleted that bit and up to now it seems to work!!

A bit more testing I think, see how I progress.

Thanks for your input :)

irish634

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:38
I don't think I've ever run into this, but what happens if you uncheck "Use Special Access Keys" in the startup options?

Also, is there anything in your form code (load, unload, etc.) that may be causing this?

<<Sorry... you posted your solution while I was typing >>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom