Database (1 Viewer)

hotski

CT Web Site Design
Local time
Today, 07:52
Hello Here is my question I have a datbase with 4 tables
I have one of the table related to the other 3 by agent name.

I Have a page with the agents and all thier info. NO problem
I want to create a link from each agent to thier listings..

Do I need to have a seprate page for each agent or can one page
create the info I need with that agent..??

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:52
1. AgentName is not a good choice as a primary key. Names can change. Two people could have the same name. An autonumber would be better.
2. I don't know what you mean by page. Are you creating a webpage with another piece of software? Generally when working with a client/server application, parent information would be shown on a form and child information would be shown on a subform. I don't know what the equivalent structure elements are called on a webpage. The agent information would appear once and you would need some element that can appear multiple times to show the related many-side data.
3. Keep in mind that this is an Access forum. Just because you are using an Access back end doesn't mean that your questions have anything to do with Access. The questions sound like they would be the same if your data were stored in an Oracle database so you are probably better off posting in a forum dedicated to the software you are using to create your webpages. I can't imagine that you would need a separate page for each agent. You should have a means of entering an AgentID to call up agent data for a particular agent. All agents would use the same page to display their data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom