DateDiff function for a Calculated field (1 Viewer)

saledo2000

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:23
I am trying to get result in TimeDiff column in my table where I have run DataMacro on TimeDiff column. DataDiff is between MyDate and System date and time.

I would like to have hours stored in my TimeDiff column, but keep getting an error. Could you please help. Thank you.

DateDiff("hh";[MyDate];Now())+(Format(Now();"dd\.mm\.yyyy hh:nn";2;1)<Format([MyDate];"dd\.mm\.yyyy hh:nn";2;1))

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Hi,

The Format() function returns a string, so it's no use for doing date arithmetic.

Do the formatting afterwards.

Is this in an expression or VBA code?

Try it like:
DateDiff("hh"; [MyDate]; Now()) + (Now() < [MyDate])

hth,

d

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:23
hi saledo,

neither DateDiff nor Format may be used in calculated field expression in the table design. But there are ways around that ... this will calculate the numbers of hours as a whole number with 2 decimal places:

IIf([myDate1] Is Not Null And [myDate2] Is Not Null, Round(([myDate2]-[myDate1])*24, 2), Null)

You also can't use Now() or Date() ...

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:23
and, btw, saledo, since you can't use Now(), what you CAN do is make another field and set its default value to Now() and use that in your equation ;) ~

I see you're using a Data Macro, not a calculated field expression -- so there is a bit more you can do

saledo2000

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

The Format() function returns a string, so it's no use for doing date arithmetic.

Do the formatting afterwards.

Is this in an expression or VBA code?

Try it like:
DateDiff("hh"; [MyDate]; Now()) + (Now() < [MyDate])

hth,

d
Hi
This is an expression

saledo2000

Registered User.
Local time
Excellent I've got the result. Thank you all guys. Result is in hours but need to type date and time in my text field in format 01.06.2020. 14:30.
DateDiff("h";[MyDate];Now())+(Format(Now();"dd\.mm\.yyyy hh:nn";2;1)<Format([MyDate];"dd\.mm\.yyyy hh:nn";2;1)).
Just removed one h from formula.
Thank you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom