Day Order not Alphabetical - One Solution Here (1 Viewer)

Ice Rhino

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:34
Here is the solution I used

Bearing in mind that I already had the Day number extracted from the "Short Date" as well as a function that converted the day number into the relevant day, e.g. 1 = Mon

I ended up with source date that looked like this based on my query named [qryCommitDaySectorPhase3]

[Sector][DayofWeek][DayWeek]
Holborn 1 Mon
Kentish 3 Wed

etc etc

I then created my chart using Chart Wizard [qryCommitDaySectorPhase3], selecting all three of the fields

Selected [DayWeek] on X axis, nothing on Sum and [Sector] as Y Axis, therefore the only one not used is [DayofWeek] e.g. the actaul number day.

As soon as I opened the graph I found that the first entry in the X axis was Fri, followed by Mon and so on and so on.

I went into the design of the report, clicked once on the graph area and then from right clicking, selected Properties.

Once in there I found the entry 'Row Source'. I clicked on the three dots of that row and was presented with an SQL window. Form the first blank field I selected [DayofWeek] and then from the sort option selected 'Ascending'

Saved the graph, reopened it and low and behold it was in Day of the week order

Thought this might be of use to those of you who are pulling your hairout trying to get this kind of thing to work

Ice Rhino

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom