Dcount week, starting Monday instead of Sunday (1 Viewer)

Megaduck

Local time
Today, 06:42
Hello,

I have the following Dcount query to display weekly record count. Access assumes the week starts on Sunday. I would like to, somehow, adjust this code to count from Monday instead. I thought it would be as easy as adjusting a setting in Options to start weeks on Monday but apparently that isn't an option. :(

Code:
=DCount("*","[Truck Log]","DatePart('ww',[Date]) = DatePart('ww',Date()) And Year([Date]) = Year(Date())")

Any ideas?

Thanks!

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 05:42
Subtract 1 day from [Date]

Or maybe Subtract 1 day from Date(). Definitely subtract 1 day from one of those dates.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 05:42
The more I thought about what date to subtract 1 from, the more I got confused. What week and year do you expect the following dates to match with:

January 1 2017 (Sunday)
January 1 2018 (Monday)
January 1 2020 (Wednesday)

Megaduck

Local time
This seems to have worked for what I need:
Code:
=DCount("*","[Truck Log]","DatePart('ww',[Date],2) = DatePart('ww',Date()) And Year([Date]) = Year(Date())")

Thanks for stirring me in the right direction. Haha.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:42
This seems to have worked for what I need:
Code:
=DCount("*","[Truck Log]","DatePart('ww',[Date],2) = DatePart('ww',Date()) And Year([Date]) = Year(Date())")

Thanks for stirring me in the right direction. Haha.
I would have thought you would need the third parameter of DatePart in both functions?

Megaduck

Local time
I would have thought you would need the third parameter of DatePart in both functions?
I was thinking it may be necessary, too, but I tried it there first and it subtracted the records from Sunday off the week's count. No idea... lol.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You should test very carefully. I would use the the third argument in BOTH uses of the function rather than taking a chance. In addition to being sloppy, it will confuse anyone who looks at the code later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom