deleting duplicates (1 Viewer)

Fuga

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:57
Hi,

I created a delete query based on a duplicate query. For some reason access tells me I can´t delete the records when I run it.

Has anyone had this problem? I´m sure I´ve done this in the past several times.

thanks
Fuga.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:57
Hi,

I created a delete query based on a duplicate query. For some reason access tells me I can´t delete the records when I run it.

Has anyone had this problem? I´m sure I´ve done this in the past several times.

thanks
Fuga.

You might have an issue with the Relationships if you have not selected the Cascade Delete option.

Fuga

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:57
That might be the problem. I have no idea about that.

How do I fix it and what is it?

fuga.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:57
You will need to look at the relationship window to see if this has caused the issue, what version of Access are you using? If using Access 2007 or above then look at the Database Tools Tab and then select relationships, then you should see your tables and a line joining them, then double click the line and see what the relationships tell you, if cascading deleted related records hasn't been selected then select it.

Relationships basically means that 1 table can get data from another table, so if you change things they will update or if you add things they will be added to the correct table and related info can be found via queries or reports or displayed on forms or reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom