Democracy Hanging by the Thread (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 06:13
Democrats are the threat to democracy. It is incredulous that Democrats seem to believe that they are the sole voice of democracy. Yet when they lose a democratic based vote, they denounce that result as a threat to democracy. The Democrats are behaving as Orwellian dictatorial autocrats believing that the gullible will believe their lies.

Compare McCain and Manchin. Out of anti-Trump spite, McCain sabotaged the Republican's attempt repeal the Affordable Care Act. The Democrats profusely complimented McCain for standing on "principle" and supporting US values. Now Manchin, standing on principle and US values, won't endorse Biden's grotesque Build Back Better legislation. The Democrats are ferociously vilifying him. Dirty politics at its "finest".
Liberal media and progressive politicians immediately attacked Manchin for his position, including his colleague Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., who accused Manchin of being beholden to pharmaceutical companies. Others called the decision "devastating," while ABC’s "This Week" panel showed visual disappointment at the news.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:13
As a complete outsider to your political system, a Brit, with an inadequate political system in Britain, but nothing like the shit that you unfortunate Americans have to put up with!

My take on it as an outsider and a follower of Musk who has developed Tesla, which is creating pollution free cars, which will go a long way to taking care of the CO2 problem. The complete denial of Musk by your current President Putin, (typo Biden) and it's not denial as such it's it's a contempt shown by your president for your leading entrepreneur it is absolutely disgusting ..

I know very little of your politics. I know very little of why Putin, (typo Biden) is being such a complete aerosol, and frankly I don't want to know I don't need to know who to vote for in your country but I do know it's not him.

He is not behaving politically which I would understand, even though sometimes politics appears underhand. No, Putin, (typo Biden) has a an agenda for lining is own pockets with little regard for the American people and the world as a whole. if any president needed removing from office, it's him!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The simple answer, Biden is irrationally consumed with anti-Trump spite.
He is not behaving politically which I would understand, even though sometimes politics appears underhand.
To act politically requires rationality. Biden, it would appear, has forgone rationality in-favor pushing the mantra that his agenda is the one and only "correct" path (yellow brick road leading to utopia) despite any evidence that it may not be. Anyone not complying is an apostate that needs to be condemned to the gulag.

Additionally, Biden appears to be a person who does not know how to handle power, now that he actually has it. Witness his use of unilateral Executive Orders to impose draconian rules on the populous without working with the legislative and/or judicial processes. Biden is dissing the separation of powers and the 10th Amendment of the US Constitution which specifies that the federal government's powers are limited in scope. These are undemocratic actions.

A somewhat open secret is that Biden is a devout shill for the unions, especially the teacher's unions. When Biden Biden speaks on the economy, he talks about creating union jobs. Additionally, Biden's proposed legislation would apparently allow unions to "force" employees to join their unions. That is very undemocratic!

During the late 1960s, under then President Johnson, the US embarked on the "Great Society" initiative. The aim of this initiative was to eradicate racism and poverty. To a significant degree these admirable goals have been achieved, though there have been numerous negative unanticipated consequences. Society over the past 60 years has evolved. Biden, seemingly has not evolved, Biden is acting as if the "Great Society" legislation never even existed and that the US requires a "war" to end racism and inequality. Biden, incredulously, is actually endorsing racism under the Orwellian guise that: "we must have more racism to end racism". A logical pretzel. Biden is living in the cultural past and has not evolved. (Biden, back in the 1960s was actually a racist. Even today, Biden's residual racism has been exposed through comments to Blacks that if you don't vote for me, you are not Black.)

The liberal news media created an imaginary, but false, construct of what the entity known as Joe Biden really is.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The "Great Society" programs have cost us trillions of dollars and actually impeded the full integration of blacks into the upwardly mobile middle class. Prior to those laws being implemented, blacks were on a steady trajectory up in income and due to MLK and the movement he spawned, the societal blocks were being removed as well. If I wore a tin foil hat, I would actually think that the "GS" programs were designed to stop the upward momentum and keep blacks down on the plantation by destroying the nuclear family and making the unwed mothers dependent on uncle Sam rather than daddy to provide for their support. If that were the actual objective of the "GS", I would say they've been a remarkable success. In large cities almost as many black babies are aborted as are carried to term. That alone is terrifying. They (the Progressives) have convinced a race to destroy itself. I'm sure Hitler would be a great admirer of the successes of the people he studied (the Progressives) and tried to emulate, actually had in the US. The Democrats have convinced inner city black people that they are victims. They have corrupted the political system such that the same "bad" people keep being elected to manage the worst cities in the US and somehow, those elected are mostly black which I can't fathom. Talk about race traitors. The crime is over the top and the education is under the bottom. People will ALWAYS be poor if they can't get a solid basic education. In a world where automation is accelerating, there is simply no place for the under educated. As the "good and moral and caring" people of both the left and right vote to raise the minimum wage, more and more jobs are given to robots. Pickin' Cotton is looking pretty good as a job but even that is mostly automated.

The liberal news media created an imaginary, but false, construct of what the entity known as Joe Biden really is.
Nancy's speech the other day about Biden being "perfect" was soo over the top, she would have been licking his boots if he were standing next to her. I wonder what the media would have said if Trump's people has asked them to be nicer when reporting about Trump. They'd probably still be laughing. Speaking of Trump, he's now living rent free in the heads of thousands of politicians. I wonder when he is going to start decorating his digs with gold plate. He will still be the boogy man to them long after he dies which I certainly hope won't be any time soon.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Exceptional monologue by Raymond Arroyo on the Ingraham Angle. Covers a several critical themes.
  • The threat to democracy comes from the Biden administration. The Democrats are gaslighting the events of January 6, 2021.
  • Bob Woodson on Biden’s shameful exploitation of the civil rights movement. Woodson points out that the Black community is not threatened by the lack of voting rights, but by progressives proposing policies that ignore/hurt the Black community. Woodson speaks a narrative that the progressive left refuses to acknowledge. He is well worth listening to.
  • Arroyo mentions Martin Luther King, but unfortunately missed that Biden by evoking the name of King was not comprehending that he (Biden) was making racist comments which are a contradiction of King's vision of a color free society. Biden, the day he took office, made racism an official government policy under the guise of "equity". Under "equity" the color of one's skin matters, not the content of their character. That is in direct antitheses to what King preached. Surprising that this defect in Biden's racist speech has not been pointed out. Biden is on the side of George Wallace, not King.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tulsi Gabbard has finally taken a more aggressive opinionated approach that the threat to democracy is coming from the Biden administration.
And one of the most disturbing things that I see coming out of this administration is how President Joe Biden has his attorney general targeting Americans as domestic terrorists for being, quote unquote anti-authority. And what is so extremely dangerous about this, Sean, is that the President of the United States is the authority here in America. And so if our president is targeting Americans for being quote unquote anti-authority, what they're really saying is you are an enemy of the state if you are against the president or his policies. This is the foundation of authoritarianism, and it's the message that is received by people at home is if you're going to target me for being against your policies as the president, there will be consequences and therefore what are people to do? Shut up. Step back and fall in line. And this is unacceptable in our democracy and must not go unchecked. (emphasis added)

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
She's probably the only sane Democrat left.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
This morning I was watching Maria Bartiromo's Sunday Morning Futures. I realized then that I had missed, in prior posts, Biden's attempts to circumvent the US Supreme Court as one of his prongs in his attack on democracy. Democrats are the threat to democracy.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The Supremes have lost their way. It wouldn't matter if Biden managed to pack the court. They are officially in the business of making law rather than protecting the Constitution. And Congress goes along with the joke. Splitting the baby was insane and very typically liberal of them. Apparently they didn't get the point of the King Solomon story.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 03:13
Exceptional monologue by Raymond Arroyo on the Ingraham Angle. Covers a several critical themes.
  • The threat to democracy comes from the Biden administration. The Democrats are gaslighting the events of January 6, 2021.
  • Bob Woodson on Biden’s shameful exploitation of the civil rights movement. Woodson points out that the Black community is not threatened by the lack of voting rights, but by progressives proposing policies that ignore/hurt the Black community. Woodson speaks a narrative that the progressive left refuses to acknowledge. He is well worth listening to.
  • Arroyo mentions Martin Luther King, but unfortunately missed that Biden by evoking the name of King was not comprehending that he (Biden) was making racist comments which are a contradiction of King's vision of a color free society. Biden, the day he took office, made racism an official government policy under the guise of "equity". Under "equity" the color of one's skin matters, not the content of their character. That is in direct antitheses to what King preached. Surprising that this defect in Biden's racist speech has not been pointed out. Biden is on the side of George Wallace, not King.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tulsi Gabbard has finally taken a more aggressive opinionated approach that the threat to democracy is coming from the Biden administration.
I think I heard that same Raymond arroyo monologue, it was very good.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
This morning I was watching Maria Bartiromo's Sunday Morning Futures. I realized then that I had missed, in prior posts, Biden's attempts to circumvent the US Supreme Court as one of his prongs in his attack on democracy. Democrats are the threat to democracy.
Yes, one of the funniest and perhaps most effective ways that the government attorney in that case shot themselves in the foot during the supreme Court hearings was when they admitted that the vaccine mandate was a quote unquote workaround to the Constitution.... Oops that didn't sit well with the sane justices.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Congress, in this case the Senate, is not meant to be a rubber stamp blindly approving what the President wants. Congress is an independent arm of the government, Harris is attempting to beat the Senate into submission to pass legislation that would essentially establish one-party rule by the Democratic party in the US.
Vice President Kamala Harris, in a Martin Luther King Jr. Day speech that appeared targeted at a pair of fellow Democrats, called on senators to pass stalled voting rights bills or be “complicit” in disenfranchising people. (emphasis added)

The quote below is especially disturbing.
“[King] pushed for racial justice, for economic justice and for the freedom that unlocks all others, the freedom to vote. Today, our freedom to vote is under assault,” Harris said in web-streamed remarks.
Harris is disgustingly twisting King's legacy. Yes, King pushed for racial justice. But he also wanted a society were a person's "worth" was based on the content of their character. Instead Biden/Harris have implemented racist policies based on the color of one's skin and have abandoned judging a person based on the content of their character. That is not honoring King's legacy.

The quote below, is just disinformation or to be blunt, lies. I suspect the fact-checkers on Facebook, Twitter, CNN, etc missed the disinformation. An obvious fact that Harris is lying, is that we had the highest voter turn-out in November 2020 and that Biden/Harris supposedly won. Democrats like to claim that our voting process is not subject to fraud, yet Harris provides no facts to support her disinformation that voting has been suppressed. (as an add-on, why do Democrats incessantly demand that you to have a Covid "passport" yet claim that you don't need a "passport" to vote??? Why is voter ID rejected as a requirement as "too hard" to get, yet Covid ID (which is hard to get) is not challenged???)
In Georgia and across our nation, anti-voter laws are being passed that could make it more difficult for as many as 55 million Americans to vote — 55 million Americans. That is one out of six people in our country.”

She added: “The proponents of these laws are not only putting in place obstacles to the ballot box, they are also working to interfere with our elections to get the outcomes they want and to discredit those they do not. That is not how democracies work. We know the threat we face.”

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
In Canada, Trudeau has emerged as a "dictator" to suppress the Canadian truckers who wish to have the Covid restrictions rescinded. The "science" no longer supports the imposition of restrictions. Consequently, the Covid restrictions are in the process of being rescind worldwide. Furthermore, the current Covid variant iteration appears to be immune to the "vaccines" (as such the vaccines should no longer even be called vaccines). Given this Covid evolution Trudeau has refused to rescind the restrictions. He has refused to even meet with the truckers to discuss their concerns. And has reacted by imposing a form of martial law. Very bad optics for the Prime Minster of Canada to essentially abolish "democracy".
Canadian Truckers Inflame the "Deep State"

GiveSendGo’s founder, Jacob Wells, previously told Fox News Digital that the peaceful demonstrations in Ottawa should remind people that individuals' freedoms are derived from God – not the government – and governments should be protecting those freedoms, not infringing upon them.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:13
Ronald Reagan Law of physics

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:13
Obviously, Ronnie Reagan was a believer in Jeffersonian politics. "The government that governs least governs best."

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Democracy only works when Democrats win, according to Pelosi.
The significance of the story below is that we have a member of the legislative branch actually demanding that the President use unilateral executive power in a dictatorial manner to establish "law". That is the job of the legislative branch. Cortez clearly does not comprehend that it is her job to propose legislation that needs to go through the democratic (actually republican) process of getting that legislation approved and into law. If she can't get that legislation passed, that is democracy in action. To avoid democracy, she, along with fellow members, demand that the President be a dictator on behalf of her agenda.
The video below is relatively old (May 4, 2019) of bygone events, but it does represent one of the more egregious and absurd statements by Democrats in their false avocation of claiming to "protect democracy". At the time, Green's comments were "incendiary" highly partisan which made them memorable in a negative manner. Additionally, consider that the Democrats were calling for Trump's impeachment on the very day he was inaugurated as President. How can you legitimately have a basis to impeach a President before he has done anything? That in itself is an affront to both the legal system and the democratic process.

Congressman Al Green's comments are very Orwellian; that Trump must be removed from office through the (inappropriate) impeachment process so that he can't run for re-election. Democracy is about the voters deciding who the President will be. Interference in the democratic process by the Democrats in the legislative branch is wrong. Democrats are the threat to democracy.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
This discussion brings to mind quotes from Marcus Tullius Cicero, 64 BC, a noted political philosopher. These quotes come from 2100+ years ago. We appear to have forgotten what was learned back then.

Things we seem to not believe: "Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century: Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others; Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected; Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it; Refusing to set aside trivial preferences; Neglecting development and refinement of the mind; Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do."

Apparently, in his time, politics was as bad as it is today: "Politicians are not born; they are excreted."

Seems relevant today: "Though liberty is established by law, we must be vigilant, for liberty to enslave us is always present under that very liberty. Our Constitution speaks of the "general welfare of the people." Under that phrase all sorts of excesses can be employed by lusting tyrants to make us bondsmen."

Apparently people didn't learn anything back then, either. "We learn nothing from history except that we learn nothing from history."

Who needs the Biblical Revelations to tell us we are in trouble: "Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book."

The mind-numbing nature of TOO MUCH INFORMATION applies here, I think: "If we are forced, at every hour, to watch or listen to horrible events, this constant stream of ghastly impressions will deprive even the most delicate among us of all respect for humanity."

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Everything is cyclical, the only thing that matters is where we are in the cycle. Are we in the prosperous phase or the declining phase?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Everything is cyclical, the only thing that matters is where we are in the cycle. Are we in the prosperous phase or the declining phase?
Thanks.(y) Gives me a chance to repeat on of my pithy points. The US was at its apogee on July 20, 1969 with the Moon landing. Its been downhill ever since. Since cycles are a reality, there may be future opportunities for a turnaround. What does Psychohistory (Asimov) project?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks.(y) Gives me a chance to repeat on of my pithy points. The US was at its apogee on July 20, 1969 with the Moon landing. Its been downhill ever since. Since cycles are a reality, there may be future opportunities for a turnaround. What does Psychohistory (Asimov) project?

I have lost Harry Seldon's number so I can't call him to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom