Deploying Access 2003 project in different Access versions (1 Viewer)

Ayat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:03
Hello,

I have two questions related to deplying an Access project I have been working on.

1. I started developing the project in Access 2000, but midway upgraded to Office 2003 and so the remainder of the project has been developed in Access 2003. Things seem to be fine, except that in the top most title bar, after the project name, there appears the following text:

xxxxx: Database (Access 2000 file format)

where xxxx is the name of the .mdb file.

Why is this appearing and should I have done something or do something to make it a Access 2003 format?

2. I am at the point of deplying the db to a small group of users (about 5). Some of them may have Access 2000 or Access 2002. Should I be doing something in particular to make sure things work in their machines.
Any pointers to what may be problems or what I should do will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:03
Leave the db in Access 2000 format so the others may use it. The system should play as long as you haven't used some ac2k3 feature that the ac2k does not know how to execute. You will probably have some reference problems. Either use Late Binding in Microsoft Access or put the mdb on the target system and fix the references.

Ayat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:03
Rural Guy,

thanks for the suggestion. I will try and see if it works okay in other versions and if not try out the Late Binding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom